Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
Forum Member
houstonmacgregor's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 97
sigma 70-200 availability updates

Just got off the phone with sigma

The sigma 70-200 hsm for pentax will not be available until Oct. Shows you where Pentax stands in the heirachy of importance for them.
\


Last edited by houstonmacgregor; 08-02-2010 at 12:00 PM.
07-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,400
QuoteOriginally posted by houstonmacgregor Quote
Just got off the phone with sigma

The sigma 70-200 hsm for pentax will not be available until Oct. Shows you where Pentax stands in the heirachy of importance for them.
\
perhaps, but what about a TC for the hsm? the lens on its own without a TC compatible is useless.
07-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
Forum Member
houstonmacgregor's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 97
Original Poster
The mind went blank- what is TC
07-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member
pop4's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: YMML
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,877
QuoteOriginally posted by houstonmacgregor Quote
The mind went blank- what is TC
Teleconverter.

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
perhaps, but what about a TC for the hsm? the lens on its own without a TC compatible is useless.
There are already TC's available out there that are compatible with the older Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 HSM II; the Sigma TC's aren't the only ones. I know since I have that lens and a TC (Kenko 1.5x Pz-AF SHQ) that works with the HSM of it.

07-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,400
QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
Teleconverter.



There are already TC's available out there that are compatible with the older Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 HSM II; the Sigma TC's aren't the only ones. I know since I have that lens and a TC (Kenko 1.5x Pz-AF SHQ) that works with the HSM of it.
yes but....

the sigma tc's for the old lenses were custom designed for the long fast sigma glass, what about a sigma HSM TC???
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, pentax, pentax lens, sigma, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamron 70-200 f2.8 vs Sigma 70-200 f2.8 In Low Light Christopher M.W.T Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 8 11-23-2009 03:57 PM
For Sale - Sold: [SOLD]Sigma 70-200/2.8, FA 50/1.7, M 200/4, FA 28-105/3.2-4.5, Sigma EX 2X TC, 2X-S awetmore Sold Items 3 09-26-2009 11:45 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:59 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top