Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
LBA Finally satisfied, Thanks Adam

I THINK this is the end of my addiction. Just won a Pentax A 1:3.5, 35-105mm on Ebay.

Adam, Thanks for the awesome database. This lens fit the focal lengths I wanted to cover and the reviews were invaluable in helping me decide this was the lens I wanted. Hope this is a good copy.

Now that I think about it maybe I need a Zenitar 16mm fish eye. LOL

Regards,

Ken

08-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #2

If it's anything like the Canon FD version, it's a great lens. My dad has it and I borrowed it on occasion when he wasn't using it (almost constantly). I'd like to get a couple more primes but that's on my list of future lenses to purchase for my Pentax.
08-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #3

LBA cannot be satisfied... quelled for the day is a reasonable conclusion however.
08-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
I THINK this is the end of my addiction. Just won a Pentax A 1:3.5, 35-105mm on Ebay.

Adam, Thanks for the awesome database. This lens fit the focal lengths I wanted to cover and the reviews were invaluable in helping me decide this was the lens I wanted. Hope this is a good copy.

Now that I think about it maybe I need a Zenitar 16mm fish eye. LOL

Regards,

Ken
Ken,

That is a truly... near perfect... lens. It is incredibly built and as you said, the zoom range is dead on for an around the town lens. It is sharp as a tack across the board.

I have one that is collector quality and have thought of parting with it along with a slew of my older lenses as I am continually upgrading. But I keep having that nagging feeling that a lens that is this good is irreplaceable.

Good luck with the lens, enjoy the shots, post often and enjoy the tack sharp images that this lens WILL produce.

BTW, the color from this lens is great and, CA's are well controlled and the zoom and focusing mechanisms are unsurpassed. The bonus is that the macro on this lens is actually one of the few zoom lenses that can actually function as a macro with very appreciable magnification.

Stephen

08-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by SCGushue Quote
Ken,

That is a truly... near perfect... lens. It is incredibly built and as you said, the zoom range is dead on for an around the town lens. It is sharp as a tack across the board.

I have one that is collector quality and have thought of parting with it along with a slew of my older lenses as I am continually upgrading. But I keep having that nagging feeling that a lens that is this good is irreplaceable.

Good luck with the lens, enjoy the shots, post often and enjoy the tack sharp images that this lens WILL produce.

BTW, the color from this lens is great and, CA's are well controlled and the zoom and focusing mechanisms are unsurpassed. The bonus is that the macro on this lens is actually one of the few zoom lenses that can actually function as a macro with very appreciable magnification.

Stephen
Stephen,
Gee, with a lens that good I ALMOST feel bad about paying only $77.00 for it. Wish I had it for this weekend because I'm going to drive down the coast to Machias, Maine for the wild blueberry festival.

Thanks for reaffirming I made a good decision.

Ken
08-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Stephen,
Gee, with a lens that good I ALMOST feel bad about paying only $77.00 for it. Wish I had it for this weekend because I'm going to drive down the coast to Machias, Maine for the wild blueberry festival.

Thanks for reaffirming I made a good decision.

Ken
Well Ken,

If you got that for 77 bucks you got a steal. A top notch version of that, mint top mint + can reach nearly $200.00.

So, assuming you got one in very good condition I would believe... at the very least you probably got that lens for half it's value. Stan's site also ranks this as one of the best zooms Pentax has produced. You lucked out.

Stephen
08-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member

"...LBA Finally satisfied ..."

If I only had a buck for everytime I heard a fellow Pentaxian said that ...I would have my ..LBA finally satisfied.. too :-)

Congrat !!!

I know what you mean, ken . I have friends wonder about me and my "pro " camera :-)

PS I told them it is a K10D Pentax but it is "pro ' to them :-)
08-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #8
Veteran Member

dantuyhoa, the key word is that ken THINKS his LBA is finally over.

;-P

08-17-2007, 06:38 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Nice purchase! I've got the 35-105 and I love it. It's my favorite walking-around lens.