Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #1

DA 21mm noise/clicking

I did a search--sorry if this has been covered already. I have a DA Ltd. 21mm--it has an audible focus noise which I gather is normal but it also audibly clicks sometimes when it seems to be focusing in low-light or the distance of the focal subject dramatically changes. Is this normal? I'm talking like a slight clicking that seems loud when you are behind the camera as it focuses. Thanks in advance. I'm just concerned that the camera/lens may be off from getting jostled about during traveling.

07-17-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There shouldn't be any clicks unless the lens reaches it's minimum focusing distance, but I don't think such a minor problem would indicate anything wrong with the lens.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-17-2010, 05:51 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
AF - easy fix

What you're hearing is the clicking of tiny toe-nails as the hamster spins the AF gear motor. You need to have the l'il guy's toe-nails trimmed. This is one of the rare, but easily diagnosed, AF symptoms.

H2

Last edited by pacerr; 07-17-2010 at 08:22 PM.