Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
Inactive Account

help!!! major problem

hi im on a study abroad trip in greece for three weeks and yesterday my sigma 28mm 1.7/1.8 lens stopped working with my pentax k-x . i didnt drop the lens or anything and i really need to know what to do because thats my prime lens for this trip.

the problem: camera wont read the lens .. when i put the lens on the f-stop just flashes and it doesnt detect that a lens in on the camera. so if i do need to get it fixed are there any pentax users from greece or that have been to greece who know where i could get it fixed .. im in delphi for sunday july 17th and nafplion from the 18th - 28th

07-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the lens has an aperture ring make sure that it is set to the "A" setting.
07-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Is the aperture ring on the "A" position? Otherwise, you might check that the contacts on the lens mount (camera and lens) are clean. Are other lenses affected?

Steve
07-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
it the aperture ring was in A ... thanks i feel like a dummy lol ... still new to photography

07-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LosHollyBeach Quote
it the aperture ring was in A ... thanks i feel like a dummy lol ... still new to photography
I was not very clear in my earlier post. The aperture ring needs to be in the "A" position for easiest usage on your camera. When the ring is off the "A" position, the camera does not know the f/stop and will display F---. Your camera may be used with the aperture ring off the "A" position, but it requires changes to the camera setup and will only really work in M (manual) mode with your Sigma lens. (Translation...it is not worth the trouble...leave the ring on "A".)

Steve