Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LmBA?

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
. . . meter response goes flat in dim light when stopped down. The meter may be linear to EI 1@100 at the sensor, but that comes quickly when you stop the lens down. Steve
There's your perfect excuse to acquire a few of the great old light meters of the same era as the M-lenses.

You know. The Sekonic or Luna or Spotmeter II you couldn't afford back then when that was the way to meter.

Works for me and it doesn't take long to get proficient at exposure guesstimates with the combination of a Spotmeter and instant review with histogram.

H2

07-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
How so?
according to every specs I found (our very own camera review section on pentaxforums included) K-x does NOT have exchangable focusing screen....
It's true they are not *designed* to be user-replaceable. Same with the K100D an K200D. But it's not impossible - just more difficult than with the cameras designed to allow this (basically, the pentaprism cameras). Katzeye has long produced screens for the other pentamirror cameras that don't officially support replacing screens, and while I still don't know if anyone has tried using one of the K100D/K200D screens in the K-x, I suspect it would work the same way.
07-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
It's true they are not *designed* to be user-replaceable. Same with the K100D an K200D. But it's not impossible - just more difficult than with the cameras designed to allow this (basically, the pentaprism cameras). Katzeye has long produced screens for the other pentamirror cameras that don't officially support replacing screens, and while I still don't know if anyone has tried using one of the K100D/K200D screens in the K-x, I suspect it would work the same way.
And here are the specific instructions on how to do it...

http://www.katzeyeoptics.com/files/install6.pdf

(From the Katz Eye Web site)

Steve
07-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
How so?
according to every specs I found (our very own camera review section on pentaxforums included) K-x does NOT have exchangable focusing screen....
Please see also Focusing Screen

There's nothing special or abnormal with K-x/K-m screens, you know.

daniel

07-19-2010, 03:09 AM   #20

I use both A and M lenses, I upgraded my M50/1.7 to an A50/1.7, and it was well worth it. I use the 50 a lot, and it wasn't that expensive, and it allows me to get shots quicker sometimes. For the rest I'm happy with my M lenses, but if I find an A counterpart for one I use often, I might upgrade again. The problem is that next to being more expensive, they're also more rare (and I think they didn't come in as many focal lengths).
That said, the M lenses are perfectly useable for most situations, and remember you can use them in A-mode wide open.