Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2010, 02:34 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
Kytra....I'm happy you reread my post and updated your response. A sample coming up, none online at the moment. I will just edit this post in a few minutes with a sample.

EDIT - Taken shortly after I got my first real camera and actually one of the first shots in the field with the Raynox. If it had not been in my pocket the Black Widow inside a cinder block would have gone unphotographed that day. This was also before I understood how much to stop down to get a little DOF. Knowing what I do know, i could get a much deeper and bigger shot but I was very happy with this.

k20d, da55-300 @ 55mm, f7.1 iso400, Raynox 150
yeah, I misunderstood it firstly but boy, I have edited my post 30 seconds after posting and you still have seen the original one - that's snappy

My opinion is somewhat skewed towards the Sigma because here in Romania the Pentax is 50% more expensive vs the Sigma and this difference is not covered in IQ or other features, moreover, if you stick that raynox on the Sigma you'll have an even more able macro lens.

07-21-2010, 06:38 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i'm happy with my pentax 55-300mm.

here's a shot at 300mm, f5.8, no pp (straight from the cam) only resized for posting.

07-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kytra Quote
yeah, I misunderstood it firstly but boy, I have edited my post 30 seconds after posting and you still have seen the original one - that's snappy

My opinion is somewhat skewed towards the Sigma because here in Romania the Pentax is 50% more expensive vs the Sigma and this difference is not covered in IQ or other features, moreover, if you stick that raynox on the Sigma you'll have an even more able macro lens.

I was not that snappy. The email I got only reflected the first post, not the second.

50% more? I don't know that number for the States but it would get my attention also.

Absolutely. The Raynox converts the lens to very close focus. never compared different lenses of the same focal length and different minimum focus distance with a Raynox to see if the difference shines through or somehow they both end up about the same. The Raynox 150 on my da55-300mm give me about a 1:2 magnification at best....I think.