Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #1
Forum Member

HELP: Tamron SP 80-200/2.8 aperture problem.

All..

I just got this lens from an e*ay purchase, lens in a fair condition and later I found out the aperture ring can not be use in properly manner. It is turning both direction okay without any hesitation, but when I pushed the letter down (or when the adapter is mounted), the aperture will close down to the smallest opening, despite number setting on aperture ring (aperture opening does not change with aperture ring turning, stays wide open all the time)

This is my theory: there is something loose between the aperture ring and (an inside) ring that limit the aperture (lever) opening, so no matter the number on aperture ring outside is set, the lever inside can go all the way close down to the smallest one (I have another adaptall-2 lens that in good operating condition and compared the mechanism). The aperture itself closing down and opening down smoothly with no hesitation.

My questions is: Is this easily repairable? Can it be an easy DIY project?
Do you guys know any recommended lens shop that can repair this condition? Suggestion?

Thank you for all your help.

Togu

08-18-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Togu, I've got that lens and like it a lot. Maybe if you get a adaptall PKA adapter somewhere you can use it as when you set it to "A" the iris is at minimun and the camera body opens up the lens.--just a thought, of course I could be wrong Too bad it's so hard to get the "a" adapter at a decent price (I got lucky and got one for $25 but it's stiffer than my "K" adapter)
08-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Tom:

I was thinking the same way... but the the scarcity of Tamron Pentax P/K-A adapter pushed me towards fixing it. Do you know any repair shop that handle "old" tamron lense like this? Meanwhile, I'm hunting for the P/K-A adapter...
08-18-2007, 05:51 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
There is one on ekkbay right now with 3 + days left and a buy now on it. Do a search under pentax lenses and adaptors if you are interested.Good luck.
Ken

08-18-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
hey,
i think i'm bidding on that. i'd have to send out the hit squad if i don't get it.... lol
actually it's the other one i'm bidding on... these have gotten pretty rare..