Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EsBee Quote
After reading this thread I wondered if my 16-50 with a new HSM (that's what the invoice said, not SDM...) motor was still functional, since I hadn't used it in a few weeks.

It was already mounted to my K20D so turned the camera on, press AF button. Nothing happened, just like the bad 'ol times before I returned the *&^%$# lens for repair some time ago.

So I mount the only other SDM lens I have and it works fine, thus eliminating the camera and the user as the possible culprits :-)

Shame on Pentax!

Was the AF switch (on the lens) set to AF?

07-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ManhattanProject Quote
Oh yea guys, also my IQ is 42.

Mine is a bit higher than that on most days, but I have made that mistake more than once.
07-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
To clear up any misunderstanding, I flipped AF on the lens and body multiple times.
07-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad karma

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Was the AF switch (on the lens) set to AF?
You either don't have this lens or have one whose SDM still works.

So here it goes: I shall curse your 16-50 if you have it, any and all your other lenses plus your camera(s) and accessories that they malfunction, fail to operate, grow fungus, fall down and break or otherwise become useless and give you immense grief for making fun of my misfortune