Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2007, 12:11 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Auto-focus won't lock on infinity

My FA 31mm 1.8 Limited broke again. I don't know how. And, this is the 2nd time this has happened. All of a sudden, it won't achieve focus lock at or near infinity on the K10D. I sent it in for warranty repair the first time. It's only been a few weeks since I received it back. Any ideas what might be going on?

08-18-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think it is just going gaga over all those pretty models you shoot with it.

Sorry couldn't resist (I'm jealous). Seriously, You're the first I've heard of having this problem. My 77's internal focus coupler broke when I first got it. KEH repaired it and it's been fine since.

As your 31 is not that old, perhaps you could ask Pentax to replace rather than repair it.
08-18-2007, 05:48 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
I think it is just going gaga over all those pretty models you shoot with it.

Sorry couldn't resist (I'm jealous). Seriously, You're the first I've heard of having this problem. My 77's internal focus coupler broke when I first got it. KEH repaired it and it's been fine since.

As your 31 is not that old, perhaps you could ask Pentax to replace rather than repair it.
Alan LOL! That's funny!

Yes, I've had the 31 since about April and it pretty much put LBA in remission for me... just love it that much. I don't know if Pentax has any sort of replacement policy. If this becomes a chronic problem for the lens, it might be less expensive for them to replace it. I'll give them a call next week and see...