Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sigma 70mm Macro and 1.4x EX DG TC: will it work?

Does anyone have experience of using the 70mm macro and 1.4x TC in combination? The 70mm is not among those lenses listed as being compatible with the TC on the Sigma website, so I'm reluctant to buy and try

I have used the 70mm with a Kenko 1.5x Teleplus DG and whilst pleased with the longer working distance obtained at the higher reproduction ratios I was distinctly underwhelmed by their IQ when compared with those obtained using the 70mm alone.

Any experiences (good or bad) and specimen images much appreciated.

Jon

07-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
Pentaxian

A while ago I posted the sheets that came with my sigma tcs I can't recall where now but I don't recall the 100 mm macro being on the list

Check sigmas website they have the current list
07-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
The 70mm macro is not listed in the TC compability list, see here.
I have used mine with the Tamron 1.4x TC without problems, though. Sigma's list seems to talk only of proper tele lenses? Go figure...
07-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Sigma TCs have a unique design where the front element extends into the rear of the lens. The lens needs to have a 35 mm diameter 12 mm deep recess inmorder to accept the tc

07-29-2010, 12:26 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses. Have now tried and encountered no initial problems. Will do some tests +/- TC and compare images to establish if the increase in magnification/working distance is at the expense of overall IQ.

Jon