Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sharpness & distortion of M 28mm f3.5

There have been several threads recently about the distortion and sharpness of the old M 28mm f3.5. I'm not one for brick walls so though I'd post this boat that I saw at the side of the road today. I did no processing other than converting the file from RAW to a jpeg.

Regards,

Ken

Last edited by regken; 09-12-2007 at 08:06 PM.
08-19-2007, 05:55 PM   #2

So, correct me if I am all mistaken, confused, on this one, but it seems to me that you are implying from your picture that the 'old' lenses are very good , so somebody must be mistaken or confused in their opinion ?
Personally I think the old lenses are ........ well, excellent.

Cheers
08-19-2007, 05:56 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Ken,

You should always carry a resolution test chart and a roll of gaffers tape in your camera bag. That way, you're prepared when opportunities like this arise.

Great shot. I certainly wouldn't argue against the quality of that lens.

Regards,
Daryl
08-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gussegutt Quote
So, correct me if I am all mistaken, confused, on this one, but it seems to me that you are implying from your picture that the 'old' lenses are very good , so somebody must be mistaken or confused in their opinion ?
Personally I think the old lenses are ........ well, excellent.

Cheers
Lately a couple of fairly new people to the forum have indicated they are interested in seeing some examples of how the 28's preform so I thought I'd oblige. Personally I thing this lens rates right up there with the best.

Regards,

Ken

08-19-2007, 06:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Lately a couple of fairly new people to the forum have indicated they are interested in seeing some examples of how the 28's preform so I thought I'd oblige. Personally I thing this lens rates right up there with the best.

Regards,

Ken
I am one of those with much interest and this photo just feeds my need for the lens even more!

You know what would be really neat!? (excuse the perky enthusiasm... newbie to this whole SLR thing, ya know ) If there were a thread (or even a section in the lens review area) for every lens where people could go and post photos taken with that certain lens.
08-22-2007, 08:50 PM   #6

I have a "set" (28-3.5, 50-1.4, 105-2.8 and 135-3.5) of old Pentax M42 lenses that I picked up many years ago for film work. I have used them all on my K10D. They don't work for all situations since they take longer to set up than an AF lens but for portraits and landscapes they're hard to beat--I guess in reality they're just as fast on the K10 as they were on old manual 35s so no difference there. And I just love the way they feel when you turn the focusing ring--silky smooth! In fact, a buddy of mine was around the other day with a new C***n and he was kinda bragging about how good his new lens felt. I quietly took one of the old Pentax lenses out of its case and handed it to him. End of discussion.
08-22-2007, 08:52 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Haha that M28 is so darn smooth!