Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2010, 06:38 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Disassembling a SMC Takumar 50 / f4

Hello
I have purchased an S-M-C Macro Takumar 50/f4 on eBay and… it has fungus inside.

I am usually a bit bold —and successful — in fixing mechanical things. I have recently disassembled a Pentax A 50/1.7, also for cleaning fungus, and it was pretty straightforward, but this may well be a bit above my league. I wonder if someone here has any advice on this specific lens. I've searched all over the Net and found some interesting tutorial for disassembling some Takumar lenses, but nothing about this specific lens.

I suppose the basics will be similar, but I’d hate to have some major surprise. Plus, it’s one those that have an extra pin on the mount that stops the M/A slider from working when not depressed. That pin collides with the retention pin on the camera mount and I had to sweat (and swear) a bit when trying to dismount it from the camera. I haven’t dared put it on again yet… I expect to be able to open the little beast, clean it and remove or disable the pin.

So, if someone has any recommendations for this, I’d be deeply grateful.

Thanks

07-28-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Penta x Tuga Quote
Hello
I have purchased an S-M-C Macro Takumar 50/f4 on eBay and… it has fungus inside.

I am usually a bit bold —and successful — in fixing mechanical things. I have recently disassembled a Pentax A 50/1.7, also for cleaning fungus, and it was pretty straightforward, but this may well be a bit above my league. I wonder if someone here has any advice on this specific lens. I've searched all over the Net and found some interesting tutorial for disassembling some Takumar lenses, but nothing about this specific lens.

I suppose the basics will be similar, but I’d hate to have some major surprise. Plus, it’s one those that have an extra pin on the mount that stops the M/A slider from working when not depressed. That pin collides with the retention pin on the camera mount and I had to sweat (and swear) a bit when trying to dismount it from the camera. I haven’t dared put it on again yet… I expect to be able to open the little beast, clean it and remove or disable the pin.

So, if someone has any recommendations for this, I’d be deeply grateful.

Thanks
I have the K50/4 Macro which is similar and this may be a tricky lens to work on. I would suggest asking Eric if he can clean it for you.

Phil.
07-28-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Here's the way in the front of Macro-Takumar; same way into S-M-C:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/90196-macro-ta...tml#post918989
08-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you both!

10-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #5

Thank god ! I just dissenbled my lens because there's some problem in the back , can you also post the pics about how to put the back together?