Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Groundloop Quote
PS. I also have a non WR 50-200, and I can confirm that it requires a shorter turn to mount than the WR version, but nowhere near the 10-20º range some are claiming for the 18-55. Remember folks, 1/4 of a circle is still 90º.
Yeah, I just eyeballed it earlier and thought it turned about 5% of a circle (~18 degrees)... I just measured it off the white lines and it turns out it's a lot closer to 40 degrees. Looking at the white lines on the WR lens now, I'd say it's just about 90 degrees.

07-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lowspark86 Quote
Didn't Pentax recently switch the model number of the hoods. The old was the PH-RBA52 (no longer available) and the newer is the PH-RBC52.

Is there any difference between them? Could explain why one rotates more than the other to lock on, although I have no idea how because I don't have the "C" model.
This is all news to me, so I stand corrected on my earlier comments.
08-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have the older style ribbed cap on my DA L. I got so tired on fighting to get at the release tabs for the cap that I said "screw it", and I put on one of those collapsible rubber hoods. If I remember correctly, I paid a whole whopping $3 shipped for it on eBay. It may not pull top prise at the beauty pageant, but it is much faster to set up, and it doesn't block the zoom or focus ring when not in use. The two best parts are that it takes up less space in my bag, and that I no longer have to do the "flip", so I don't end up knocking the lens cap off anymore! There might be a minor amount less coverage, but I think you would need a pretty extreme lighting situation for it to matter.

I'm done with the "click on" style of hood.