Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

DA 15mm autofocus problem

Really sorry for starting two threads in such quick succession but this one was unexpected and a bit urgent

I just got my DA 15 in the mail, when the focus ring is turned all the way to infinity (where it wont turn anymore) it switches the actual focus setting on my K7 to manual focus. I have to spin the ring back to the right to get the camera to back into AF mode.

Actually when the focus ring is at infinity it turns into a fully manual lens, the "select focal length" menu comes up when I turn on the camera and all automatic functions go away. A slight turn of the focus ring turns it back into an auto lens, but if it is hunting and spins the ring all the way to the infinity point it goes back into fully manual everything.

is my lens defective? this seems really really odd.

Last edited by future_retro; 08-04-2010 at 10:30 AM.
08-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like it might be defective, so I wouldn't risk it and just return/exchange it. My first 15mm had a defect as well.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I'd be sending that back. Doesn't do this with your other limited glass?
08-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Sounds like it might be defective, so I wouldn't risk it and just return/exchange it. My first 15mm had a defect as well.
Well that makes me feel a little better. I have heard very few quality control issues with the Limited lines and thought that just maybe this was just some outlandish feature, if it's defective at least I'll be able to get working one.

QuoteOriginally posted by kalison Quote
I'd be sending that back. Doesn't do this with your other limited glass?
I'll check tomorrow when it comes, I doubt it will act the same, but if it does it might be a bug in that new K7 firmware causing this. However my two other quick shift lenses don't have this problem