Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #1

Pentax K-mount Takumar 135mm f2.8 repair

I got this lens off of eBay for a good price ($10). The aperture won't close past f5.6. Actually, the ring is pretty much jammed at 5.6. Pushing the aperture lever with the lens off the camera, it'll open up to 2.8 and with it on the camera, it opens up to 2.8 but the camera (K100D) won't recognize the aperture (Av mode). Anybody know how to get into these things to repair it? Or should I just continue looking for another one?

08-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For $10.00 why not see if you can just work around it's faults.
It'll cost you a fair amount of coin to get it fixed (the Canadian Sigma distributer wants $100.00 Canadian to pull 1 of my lenses apart to clean it) and if you try fixing it yourself there's a really good chance that something will be out just enough to mess up every picture.

The chances are that you'll still get several incredible pictures with it, for years to come.

If you decide to buy another one let me know and there's a pretty good chance that I'll take your present one off your hands for what you have into it, plus shipping of course.
I don't mind working around it's faults, and it's a size that I like alot.
08-23-2007, 10:47 AM   #3
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
of course the fcam doesn't see it in Av. this is a manual lens. the only time you can use this lens in Av is when it's wide open.
these primes like this are fairly simple to dismantle but it sounds like you may have a ''broke'' problem..