Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Wow, I sure like that white K-x with the 40mm

08-10-2010, 04:00 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Well His personal; Work is Very Nice. Be Sure Look at the Personal Link. When you arrive. He has some real nice gear a Phase One and Profoto location lights., and all the modifiers he can use.

I love my P 645 and I dont scan my images I print them. I just got a Very Nice enlarger it is called a De Vere 504 with a ESECO Compucolor PRO-45 Computerized Dichroic head
Link here
Here are the neg holders and lens and holders
Link here
I have licked them many times, I only do this because I like them so much. I can print 30x40 inch prints. Something about Huge Photo prints that I just love! The p645 I have is super sweet. I am just learning how to maximize my efforts. I will share some final works soon. I cant afford $10,000 or $20,000 for a DMF and a LFM printer. I will have to struggle thru the old fashion way,I guess
08-10-2010, 04:18 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Where is the news or rumor here? Are Pentax, Canon or Nikon advocating lens licking? Have they released lickable lens candy?

Thread moved to Lens Forum...

Last edited by MRRiley; 08-10-2010 at 05:44 AM. Reason: moved to lens forum
08-10-2010, 08:28 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. B Quote
Wow, I sure like that white K-x with the 40mm
Yes, that is my lovely combinations. The lba in me has gone up my spine and had me rampage into a fine collection of limited lens. The 40mm is the most affordable limited lens, but also likely the most surprisingly sharp limited lens based on cost value ratio. It can be used wide open in the dark with K-x. Unfortunately, my lba/cba has gotten to a stage of needing to let go again in down-sizing trends -- 21/40/70 may have to leave me at some point. My hardest choice is to let go on 70 followed by 40 and then followed by 21. The 21 is undecided as my 15 can't replace 21 in street shooting, especially those with people shots in traveling.

Thanks,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 08-11-2010 at 02:09 AM.
08-10-2010, 08:29 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Where is the news or rumor here? Are Pentax, Canon or Nikon advocating lens licking? Have they released lickable lens candy?

I may not agree completely with your decision but I will comply with your ruling. Thank you for your moderation.

Warmest,
Hin
08-10-2010, 08:34 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by akfreak Quote
Well His personal; Work is Very Nice. Be Sure Look at the Personal Link. When you arrive. He has some real nice gear a Phase One and Profoto location lights., and all the modifiers he can use.

I love my P 645 and I dont scan my images I print them. I just got a Very Nice enlarger it is called a De Vere 504 with a ESECO Compucolor PRO-45 Computerized Dichroic head
Link here
Here are the neg holders and lens and holders
Link here
I have licked them many times, I only do this because I like them so much. I can print 30x40 inch prints. Something about Huge Photo prints that I just love! The p645 I have is super sweet. I am just learning how to maximize my efforts. I will share some final works soon. I cant afford $10,000 or $20,000 for a DMF and a LFM printer. I will have to struggle thru the old fashion way,I guess
That is some serious equipment, I love them at first sight of my visit and I have marked you in flickr for contact. I wish you live next door to me or close for a visit. I never print anything substantial and scanning has been the biggest chore that I don't manage to get a good handle. And I am cheapo in my frugal attempt with Canon 8800F scanner.

Thanks,
Hin
08-10-2010, 08:38 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote

I thought this video was posted in general already.

Oh well.

08-11-2010, 01:51 AM   #23
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
That is some serious equipment, I love them at first sight of my visit and I have marked you in flickr for contact. I wish you live next door to me or close for a visit. I never print anything substantial and scanning has been the biggest chore that I don't manage to get a good handle. And I am cheapo in my frugal attempt with Canon 8800F scanner.

Thanks,
Hin
Hi, HinMan, If you ever come to Vegas, I will be happy to have you over. We can make some prints. Bring a roll or two of 645 or Bigger and we will have some fun. I just saw IPMan last night first time. Now I meet Hinman. It is my Honor to have you as a friend on flickr! Cheers, Akf
08-11-2010, 06:33 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by akfreak Quote
Hi, HinMan, If you ever come to Vegas, I will be happy to have you over. We can make some prints. Bring a roll or two of 645 or Bigger and we will have some fun. I just saw IPMan last night first time. Now I meet Hinman. It is my Honor to have you as a friend on flickr! Cheers, Akf
It is an 8 hour drive one way but considering how sucky it gets on the chore of scanning both the 35 and 120 and with misery results, I will consider it. Seriously, the one thing that I love about photography and blogging in general is to make new friendship with a common bond of interest with wacky obsession.

I am an absolutely novice on film and I encourage everyone to try it at the expense of not spending the film development cost on another 50mm lens. Say 4 rolls per year or 1 roll per 3 months, the ballpark of an extra unused 50mm that one may spend on a yearly basis.

About the film bigger than the 120 and 220. My ultimate obsession (or stupidity, or genius) is on this sort of film camera

A replica of Rodney Lough Jr. Camera
How I met this camera

Thanks,
Hin
08-14-2010, 03:29 AM   #25
Inactive Account

Love my 645, but I want a 4x5 real bad!
08-14-2010, 04:30 AM   #26
Veteran Member

I watched the video. My impression is that Canon/Nikon users must be the photographic equivalent of sports talk radio, where people couldn't discuss the weather without every word dripping with testosterone and engraved with a challenge to step outside.

My whole life I have been unable to understand the "my gear is impressive, therefor I am impressive" mentality. If your gear is impressive, I'll be impressed by the guys who designed it and built it, not you for having it.
08-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #27
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
I watched the video. My impression is that Canon/Nikon users must be the photographic equivalent of sports talk radio, where people couldn't discuss the weather without every word dripping with testosterone and engraved with a challenge to step outside.

My whole life I have been unable to understand the "my gear is impressive, therefor I am impressive" mentality. If your gear is impressive, I'll be impressed by the guys who designed it and built it, not you for having it.

Hey Mike, those guys that designed your Taks were kick ass.
08-15-2010, 01:25 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Hey Mike, those guys that designed your Taks were kick ass.
I agree wholeheartedly.
08-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dnaseigel Quote
I love the fact that the only photos shown in the video are Polaroids.

The irony in this video is that his 1DS MarkIII makes his pictures look so unique (the tool doesn't even know that there are not varying degrees of unique...it means one of a kind) when Canon keeps hosting these zoo shoots. It got to be such a frequent thing that a Canon shooting customer of mine wrote a song about it. He used the tune of "Let's go to the hop". The opening lyric is:

Let's go to the zoo
Let's go to the zoo
I don't know shit about cameras
But I wanna take pictures like you.

This video is hysterical.
Have you ever seen his work? I suggest you have a look. He is an incredibly gifted photographer. His name is Joey Lawrence.
08-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #30
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Have you ever seen his work? I suggest you have a look. He is an incredibly gifted photographer. His name is Joey Lawrence.
Maybe, but he came up short on the singing end.