Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Really? How did I bust his chops? By saying that I actually liked the way it was not quite sharp? I guess I needed a winking smiley face after that so I wouldn't look like such a bully.

I never said the kit lens was the greatest lens. Just that the old MF lenses at ~20mm aren't much better than the modern day kit lens. I'm sure the half stop of light justifies the $300+ price tag for some, but that's certainly debatable.

Are you seriously bringing the DA21 into debate here because I said the kit lens is arguably equal to old 20mm manual focus lenses? How does the modern day DA21 fit into this discussion? I could have a field day with the DA21 and... "What part about by statement about it outperforming the kit lens did you not understand? The part about it outperforming the kit lens or the part about it outperforming the kit lens?"

I also never said the repair made it "less" sharp. Re aligning the helicoid just changes its focusing distances, not the sharpness. I think you're getting really worked up over things I didn't say.

Edit: Whoopdeedoo on the pressure gauge. You don't know much about Lichenology if you think that shows realistic texture of lichen or whatever (I had to google that).

Oh and I don't give a flip about a Canon DSLR so your point is moot.

08-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Like I said in my original post, lets just agree to disagree on this. You think the lens was better when it couldn't focus and I think otherwise. You were the one that got off on tangents and started dragging in other lenses rather than the 2 discussed. Talk to the hand, I'm done here. Hand
08-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You win, Blue.
08-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
davidvandoren,

Have you seen thisZeiss M42 club?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/30109-zeiss-m42-club-6.html