Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-11-2010, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
photos of assembled in Vietnam FA Limiteds?

I've tried searching the forums and google with no luck. Does anyone have photos of the FA Limiteds assembled in Vietnam? I just want to see where the "assembled in Vietnam" is stamped on each version.

No big deal, just curious of its location since it's hidden on the DA Limiteds but on the body on the 100 macro WR. So many people chat about it and no photos that I've seen.

08-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My FA limiteds are still from the old Japanese factory, so I can't help you there.

"Assembed in Vietnam" is indicated on the DA limiteds, though- it's written on on the back of each lens, on the black ring near the aperture lever.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
"Assembed in Vietnam" is indicated on the DA limiteds, though- it's written on on the back of each lens, on the black ring near the aperture lever.
Thanks for the reply, Adam. Your point us just what I meant by hidden. The only way to see it is to have the rear unmounted to anything. I just wonder if they are doing this with the FA Limiteds..
08-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I'll check mine (31 & 77) when I get home and see where the indicator is located.

08-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

this might help
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/92032-ned-bunn...n-vietnam.html
08-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I'll check mine (31 & 77) when I get home and see where the indicator is located.
Thanks! I look forward to it!
12-18-2010, 03:51 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
My FA limiteds are still from the old Japanese factory, so I can't help you there.

I'm new guy fr Vietnam and I have a friend who is a technical expert in Pentax factory. He informed that all lens are now made in VN, despite they were named Made in Japan.

12-18-2010, 04:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jamie8383 Quote
I'm new guy fr Vietnam and I have a friend who is a technical expert in Pentax factory. He informed that all lens are now made in VN, despite they were named Made in Japan.

No disrespect intended Jamie but that is plainly BS.

Just imagine the world-wide hullaballoo if Pentax were found to be doing that - it would kill the photographic side of the company stone dead as photographers left in droves being unable to believe anything Pentax stated / printed.

No way Jose.
12-18-2010, 04:16 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Hi Jose,

If you know how to make a lens, I would like to explain that optical parts are all are processed in this Factory and assembled with digital parts.

Does my friend mean the major phases only?

P/s: I am curious to know what is BS.
12-18-2010, 04:24 AM   #10
Veteran Member

On the FA77, "Assembled in Vietnam" is clearly marked on the opposite side of the barrel from the DOF scale.
12-18-2010, 04:52 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I no longer have my MIJ 31 & 77 but I have seen photos of ones where " Assembled in Vietnam " is stamped on the lens mount next to the rear element.
12-18-2010, 06:17 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Hi Jose,

If you know how to make a lens, I would like to explain that optical parts are all are processed in this Factory and assembled with digital parts.

Does my friend mean the major phases only?

P/s: I am curious to know what is BS.
BS means bullshit. ('no way Jose' is a saying in English, it's not my name)

How lenses are made or assembled in Vietnam has nothing to do with a statement by the manufacturer that this or that lense was 'Made in Japan'. That is two completely different subjects.

Lenses from Pentax that have "Made in Japan' on them were made in Japan. For your friend to state otherwise is plainly ignorance.

Please note this is not a slight on you (unless you are your 'friend') !
12-18-2010, 07:00 AM   #13
Inactive Account

It seems that you are an dedicated PR officer for Pentax, Mr. Frogfish.

Ignored.
12-18-2010, 08:02 AM   #14
Veteran Member

It seems that you are an dedicated PR officer for Pentax, Mr. Frogfish.

Ignored.
Great start to your forum tenure...
12-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #15
Veteran Member

If I am not mistaken, MADE IN wherever is never 100%. Any product that was made believed to pass certain % (could be raw materials, parts, or assembling) from certain country, that product could be declared Made in that country. Like SWISS MADE watches, the movements and final assembling were done in Switzerland, but all other parts could be coming from other countries. Personally, I don't feel MIJ Pentax lenses were that high on QC anyway, I have no problem buying AIV lenses if I have to.