Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Did you have the shoulder stock with the cable release and trigger? I did, and it was so COOL!!!
I did then. I do now. I just need to make a slight mod, so the release cable drives a mini-plug switch, and I can use it on my K20D. (I just gotta dig out my box of plug components, and the soldering gun.) That'll be perfect for the Spiratone 400, or a MF lens on tubes, and bellows. Perfect for distant close-ups. But avoid armed folks.

QuoteQuote:
Ahhh...the good old days.
Otto Bettmann, founder of the famous Bettmann Archives, published a book some decades ago filled with details of life in the USA 1850-1910. It's title is THE GOOD OLD DAYS - THEY WERE AWFUL!! And he's right. But let's don't think about that. Put on them rosy specs, eh? Or mayb pink digital filters will suffice. Redefine history.

08-14-2010, 06:38 AM   #17
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Put on them rosy specs, eh? Or mayb pink digital filters will suffice. Redefine history.
No rosy specs required for a 15-year-old kid taking three buses from Canarsie, Brooklyn to Flushing, Queens...with a hundred bucks in his pocket...to buy stuff at the Spiratone store.

I order my kids' stuff online, or drive them to the store, and it's just not the same thing.

I had an adventure that lasted all day. They just have me and my credit card--and I'm no bargain.
08-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well, it arrived today and it looks okay. A little dusty inside, but otherwise it's fine. It's not a t-mount though or a mirror lens. It screws right onto the SPII no adapter needed. One thing I do have to do though is find some caps and a proper case for it. For right now I just cleaned it as much as I could and encased it back in the bubble wrap but it came naked, no caps, nothing.

Looks like it might be decent though in terms of what it can do. I put it on Queenie and took her outside to check it out a little. Tree down the road looked pretty sharp with a little fiddling. No birds around though for once, unfortunately. I'll have to take it out to the park some day this week. See what it can actually do in nice, bright light, with something cool to focus on...
08-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #19
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Well, it arrived today and it looks okay. A little dusty inside, but otherwise it's fine. It's not a t-mount though or a mirror lens. It screws right onto the SPII no adapter needed. One thing I do have to do though is find some caps and a proper case for it. For right now I just cleaned it as much as I could and encased it back in the bubble wrap but it came naked, no caps, nothing.

Looks like it might be decent though in terms of what it can do. I put it on Queenie and took her outside to check it out a little. Tree down the road looked pretty sharp with a little fiddling. No birds around though for once, unfortunately. I'll have to take it out to the park some day this week. See what it can actually do in nice, bright light, with something cool to focus on...
Just stick it in a big Ziplock bag for now. Don't waste your money on caps and a case.