Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
What I removed is a little gold pin. Is that the actuation lever?

08-14-2010, 08:50 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is it possible for you to share photos of the lens with us? I believe that would help us quite a bit.

Is there still on the rear of the lens a lever that you can move up-n-down (not in-n-out)? If so, try moving it and watch what the aperture blades do.

It is possible you removed one of the data contacts, which would explain the A setting not working.
08-14-2010, 09:10 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Sure I can do that.
08-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
This is the pin that was removed.

The vacant whole where the pin was is on the left.

Another look at the top of the lens mount.

08-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #20
Inactive Account

After I downloaded the photos and boosted them 3 stops, the actuation lever is there. It is the lever that sticks out of the mount at about 4 o'clock in the middle photo. If you can move it and see the aperture blades move, then it is still connected. If not, then there is your problem (it should move the blades and then snap back when released).

In comparing the photos to one of my A lenses (A50 f1.7). the A contact appears to be in the same place. I don't know how you would get an aperture (other than F--) on the LCD if it wasn't in the right place.

Attached Images

08-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Moving the lever does not do anything. It springs back to place but the Aperture is not moving.
08-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #22
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by AutoEccentric Quote
Moving the lever does not do anything. It springs back to place but the Aperture is not moving.
Then it is not connected to the aperture blades. You need to open it back up and make sure that it is. It should be fairly obvious how to, once you get in there.

08-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Original Poster
FIXED! Thanks a ton. All is working fine now. The lever was up against what it needed to be up against to move the aperture, but on the wrong side.
08-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
He got the lens from me. I got the lens from eBay a while back. I used it once, it worked fine for me, and it became one of those lenses that never get used. I didn't realize that it had the ricoh pin until right before I gave it to him and informed him of this. I guess I got lucky mounting it on my K7 and not getting it stuck, but still gave him warning of the pin.

He came to me about the problem after removing the pin. I don't have a Kx and assumed he needed to change a menu setting on the camera. I really wasn't sure since I had never taken a lens apart, so I suggested that he asks here. Thanks everyone for helping him with this. Glad to see that he got it back together correctly.