Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hanimex 50mm 1:2???

Hey, when I came by my Pentax KX, it came with a Hanimex 50mm 1:2 lens. I had a look in the lens reviews, and unfortunately it isn't there so I was wondering whether anyone had had any experience with this lens, or one like it. I'm a complete beginner at this sort of stuff, lol, it's my first SLR and first lens, so I don't have much to go on.

It performs well for me, my other lens is a SMC Pentax-A Zoom 1:4 70-210mm, (which has a 'macro' feature :/) which I bought, but I prefer the performance of the 50mm, despite no zoom or macro. Great for portrature from what I've found.

08-21-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hanimex (Jack Hannes Import-Export) was an Australian distributor of camera gear made in E & W Germany, Japan, China, elsewhere. I don't know if anyone has attempted to compile a list of who was responsible for what under that brand. Apparently Fuji owns the Hanimex name now, and M42 Hanimar lenses are still made in China. (I got one, NIB -- New In Box.) The point is, it would be almost impossible to know exactly *which* Hanimex 50/2 lens you have. You won't find a lens review because... nobody has bothered to review what is just another in a commodity batch of 50mm lenses. Many cheap Fifty's are quite decent if not spectacular. Except for some plastic toy lenses, it's hard to find a bad Fifty. (Some people absolutely hate their Meyer Domiplan 50/2.8's , but too bad...)

Your Pentax zoom is a decent lens, a bit slower than your Fifty. If you let LBA take over, you'll soon be looking for faster manual lenses in various focal lengths. Then you are doomed. Welcome.
09-02-2010, 03:51 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
.... If you let LBA take over, you'll soon be looking for faster manual lenses in various focal lengths. Then you are doomed. Welcome.
Yeah, I'm already on the look out for a macro and a wide. Yeesh. It has begun.