Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2010, 08:15 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Shouldn't you research that first instead of perhaps pointlessly carrying a broken flash around with you? Fortunately, their contact information is easy to find:

Jebsen & Co., Ltd.

Unit 1801, 18/F, Tower 2, Grand Century Place, 193 Prince Edward Road West,
Mongkok, Kln, HK
tel: (852) 2926 2300
fax: (852) 3101 1055

I would suggest contacting them before your visit to Hong Kong.

[/email][/b]
Do you know the email address of Pentax Hong Kong?

08-22-2010, 08:43 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
If the superwide setup is not as useful to you, then substitute the 16-45. It is really a matter of how you shoot. Robin likes ultrawide, but for many 16mm is as wide as you need.
Actually I totally agree with you. It is not that I like ultra-wide, or I would have the Sigma or even a fish-eye in place of a zoom that "only" reaches 12mm (not that wide on APS-C). I am a big booster of the DA16-45 which is a good landscape lens. But for cities the 12mm can be very handy.

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I tend to pare my equipment down a bit, and I seldom carry two zooms at the same time.
Usually the DA12-24 is the only zoom I bother with. Before I obtained that lens, it was the DA16-45. But I find that above 28mm (normal focal) I want something faster. (Maybe because I am a prime person!) So really I was only using it as a DA16-28. Whereas I find the entire range of the DA12-24 useful.

QuoteOriginally posted by rustynail925 Quote
What exactly do you take pictures of your tele lens?
Is it mostly candid portrait? landscapes? structures?
I have the DA55-300 but don't use it so much. In fact it is definitely the least used of my decent lenses. I would take it out only when I really expect to need reach for animals or what-have-you. Not candid portraits. Given the light in Ireland I prefer a 105mm that is also a macro and can suck in a fair amount of light. That works out to being a lot more versatile for me. But then again I am a detail-oriented person.

The 105mm is also useful for landscapes. Like this shot from my thread landscapes of the Kerry coast.

(Shot with the Vivitar Series 1 105mm macro.)

No doubt everyone is different and likes shooting in a different range. My goal is to maximise my photographic possibilities with a minimal package that has no optical compromises. Meeting all three goals is difficult.
08-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
For landscapes within that range i would pick the DAL50-200 since its going to be f8 or above and i dont have any problem with the lens IQ.. That said the DAL50-200 is my least used lens..