Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow, 3000 Euros is a lot of insurance, I'm impressed.

Why is the Italian postal service so horrible? No other first world country's postal service gets such a bad name.

08-23-2010, 07:01 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@bollicina31

I would make a new post called "Reward for missing SMC Pentax A* 1:1.8 135mm serial number 5960418"

Adam has enough SEO (search engine optimization) on these forums, that such a post will easily show up on any Google search done for this lens.

Again, I'd say no questions asked for reward, and I'd also mention in your own words that attempting to sell this lens through an online auction house will meet with trouble since it has been stolen. List the reward amount in the original posting as well as an email address you can be reached to claim the reward.

I'd also mention if you've bough the lens with this serial number through some online auction, that you would provide them documentation that the lens had been stolen so they could get their money back.

I would also set up a Google Alert for Pentax 5960418, and possibly another for SMC Pentax A 1:1.8 135, and a couple popular combinations of the lens name so that if the lens shows up anywhere online with the serial number listed, Google will send you an email about it.

I hope all this helps,

Clint
08-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
@bollicina31

I would make a new post called "Reward for missing SMC Pentax A* 1:1.8 135mm serial number 5960418"

Adam has enough SEO (search engine optimization) on these forums, that such a post will easily show up on any Google search done for this lens.

Again, I'd say no questions asked for reward, and I'd also mention in your own words that attempting to sell this lens through an online auction house will meet with trouble since it has been stolen. List the reward amount in the original posting as well as an email address you can be reached to claim the reward.

I'd also mention if you've bough the lens with this serial number through some online auction, that you would provide them documentation that the lens had been stolen so they could get their money back.

I would also set up a Google Alert for Pentax 5960418, and possibly another for SMC Pentax A 1:1.8 135, and a couple popular combinations of the lens name so that if the lens shows up anywhere online with the serial number listed, Google will send you an email about it.

I hope all this helps,

Clint

thanks a lot Dear Clint
If Adam can do the post and everything else for myou vabenissimo.
You've made a complaint of stolen to the police, lens, which I have already filed
The rest of your text, I have to be able to translate it better.

Hello and thanks
08-23-2010, 02:56 PM   #19
Veteran Member

there are things that we should had learned by now that shouldn't had happened if several steps or risks were taken into consideration:

1.> never send a highly valuable item thru ordinary postal service that has a notorious reputation on losing items.

solution: always use EMS, or any other private courier (except UPS) to ship any valuable items.

2.> when sending via ordinary postal service, it would be a lot safer if the item was not disclosed as very rare and valuable as such disclosure would mostly create an interest or temptation. disclosing it as a replacement part or used item with not much significant value would most often times be dismissed immediately.

08-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
there are things that we should had learned by now that shouldn't had happened if several steps or risks were taken into consideration:

1.> never send a highly valuable item thru ordinary postal service that has a notorious reputation on losing items.

solution: always use EMS, or any other private courier (except UPS) to ship any valuable items.

2.> when sending via ordinary postal service, it would be a lot safer if the item was not disclosed as very rare and valuable as such disclosure would mostly create an interest or temptation. disclosing it as a replacement part or used item with not much significant value would most often times be dismissed immediately.
I wouldn't recommend that. You need to disclose the insurance value and the customs value no matter what. Intentionally undervaluing it means if it does get lost, you have absolutely no way of recouping your loss. You won't even be able to sue for the money back as you yourself has stated it as of insignificant value.
08-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
I'd be very surprised if the Italian postal service lets you buy insurance for ~2600 Euros. I think we can only get up to $600 in insurance via the US postal service.
Royal Mail here in the UK will let you buy insurance up to 2500 (~3000 Euros / $3890 US) - I imagine that the US Postal Service might be under more restrictions so that they don't take too much business from the other delivery companies?
08-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I wouldn't recommend that. You need to disclose the insurance value and the customs value no matter what. Intentionally undervaluing it means if it does get lost, you have absolutely no way of recouping your loss. You won't even be able to sue for the money back as you yourself has stated it as of insignificant value.
that is one risk that a person must choose. losing the lens during shipment or losing the lens to some of it's staff because it was disclosed valuable to a courier with a notorious reputation of theft.

personally, I wont be even trying shipping via that particular courier.
08-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrCynical Quote
Royal Mail here in the UK will let you buy insurance up to 2500 (~3000 Euros / $3890 US) - I imagine that the US Postal Service might be under more restrictions so that they don't take too much business from the other delivery companies?
The USPS let's you buy up to $5000 USD of insurance for shipments within the US.

When shipping from within the US to international destinations, the maximum amount of insurance you can buy varies by destination country.

08-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #24

Original Poster

QuoteOriginally posted by MrCynical Quote
Royal Mail is great

that is one risk that a person must choose. losing the lens during shipment or losing the lens to some of it's staff because it was disclosed valuable to a courier with a notorious reputation of theft.

personally, I wont be even trying shipping via that particular courier.
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
The USPS let's you buy up to $5000 USD of insurance for shipments within the US.

When shipping from within the US to international destinations, the maximum amount of insurance you can buy varies by destination country.
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I wanted to know how ever discouraged Ups.

I usually don't do I ever declare full price when step by customs, however, Ems or USPS, I never missed anything, and there is a risk that I accept myself, this to avoid paying 30% more.
While for parcels within the my status I declare the value always full.

We say that losing a parcel on an excerpted from 50 km is obscene, and nobody to investigate those who state.

The authorities seems it Scrubs.

today a postal employee, said that I have to claim my rights, and that a value-added avedno paid (intended
the money to ensure) must reimburse me., and to address consumers ' Association
08-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bollicina31 Quote
Royal Mail is great

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I wanted to know how ever discouraged Ups.

I usually don't do I ever declare full price when step by customs, however, Ems or USPS, I never missed anything, and there is a risk that I accept myself, this to avoid paying 30% more.
While for parcels within the my status I declare the value always full.

We say that losing a parcel on an excerpted from 50 km is obscene, and nobody to investigate those who state.

The authorities seems it Scrubs.

today a postal employee, said that I have to claim my rights, and that a value-added avedno paid (intended
the money to ensure) must reimburse me., and to address consumers ' Association
I believe it is a general understanding that we try to avoid paying additional charges concerning an item. it is a risk although I've done it many times and nothing has gone wrong yet. I bought stuffs from eBay and the marketplace and the sellers are nice and honest enough to save you from unnecessary expenses. although I make sure that the sellers are of good standing as to avoid getting scammed by con artists. also, make sure that you and the seller should be aware of the risks and blame should not be put on either part if something goes wrong. there are several safety measures and compromises need to be considered before entering to such deal.

with regards to why "NO TO UPS", here is one of the many horror stories of it, >>> https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/95920-how-ups-customs-canada...my-lenses.html
08-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #26

Original Poster
I believe it is a general understanding that we try to avoid paying additional charges concerning an item. it is a risk although I've done it many times and nothing has gone wrong yet. I bought stuffs from eBay and the marketplace and the sellers are nice and honest enough to save you from unnecessary expenses. although I make sure that the sellers are of good standing as to avoid getting scammed by con artists. also, make sure that you and the seller should be aware of the risks and blame should not be put on either part if something goes wrong. there are several safety measures and compromises need to be considered before entering to such deal.

with regards to why "NO TO UPS", here is one of the many horror stories of it, >>> https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/95920-how-ups-customs-canada...my-lenses.html

Cabbage, I just saw your post, and also photos of other users.
Really ugly, pitiful, obscene

Ok, no Ups, and I'm giving the riputavo the best in the world ..... You can't trust anyone's ever

Of course if you can pay less taxes, and certainly better, I find it unfair, pay taxes on merchandise used, sold by everyday people, and not between entrepreneurs.

Thank you, Hello