Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
DA 55-300mm....anyone ever crack one open?

Thought I would check to see if anyone other there has every tried repairing / cleaning this zoom themselves.

I picked up a used copy pretty cheap a month ago (local).....but it has a fair bit of dust on the front of second, inside element. I'm not usually fussed about a bit of dust....but this is a fair bit.

I'm pretty sure If I could screw out the front element, I could get in there and safely clean off the dust.

Now I tried to do a similar cleaning to an old FA 100-300mm a while back, to discover that the front element appears to be glued in, on that model. Not really interested in trying on the DA, if it's the same story.

Also, if anyone has ever sent a DA zoom lens in for cleaning to Pentax, would appreciate insight in to what they charge for this type of service.

Thanks in advance.

09-23-2010, 05:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member

What did you pay for the lens?