Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Sigma 17-70 OS HSM ISO Question

Based mostly on reviews in the Pentax Lens Forum, I recently purchased this lens for my K-x (1.01).

I took it out for a brief trial run yesterday and liked it quite a bit. One thing I noticed that confused me is that no matter what capture mode I selected, I could not set an ISO below 400. All of my Pentax kit lens and a DA 55-300 allow an ISO setting of 200.

I could not find any info on the literature that came with the lens nor in the K-x manual.

Is this a "feature" of this lens?

I also noticed that neither iPhoto nor Aperture recognized the lens in the EXIF data. Again, is normal or did I miss a setting?

Thanks,

08-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There's nothing about the lens itself that should affect ISO range, but do note that you will be limited to ISO 400 and higher if you don't specific enable extended ISO and if you have highlight correction turned on (or whatever those modes are called on the the K-x).

As for EXIF, the lens is probably too new for your software to know about. Do download the latest updates, but chances are, support for this lens hasn't been added yet.
08-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Mark, I turned OFF the Highlight and Shadow Correction and now can select ISO 200.
Sooooooo much to learn, so little time.