Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Help!

Hi! I am calling on you all to help again

so I picked up that lot of "vintage" lens and stuff.. tried a few of them out (minus the two with the Ricoh pins) and they work great.. now one problem. the 55 was aparently a screw mount with an adaptor ring on it... I got the 55 on, then screwed it off scratching my head knowing that I didnt screw it on. went to put my old kit lens back on and it wouldnt go on.. then I look and there is a... what I suppose is an adaptor ring, stuck on my camera. I cant seem to figure out how to get it out. If I am making no sense at all I could take a cell phone pic and try to post it. I also think I have a little 5mp camera stuck somewhere I could dig out. let me know if you need a picture.

I am a bit beside myself trying to get this thing off. my husband wanted to take his screwdriver to it..... uh... lets not jump to that yet honey!

09-01-2010, 11:46 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Try prying a fingernail to one of the slots and squeezing - there's usually a spring sort of mechanism that locks (or attempts to) the adapter to the K mount. Kind of pinch the slot- it's usually the one towards the top of the camera - and rotate the mount in the same direction you rotate a K lens to unmount. That ought to move it.

If the adapter went in too far, often the only way to go is to keep going a bit further till the adapter frees up at the next openings of the K mount. Gently!
09-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Got it. *sigh of relief* Thank you so so very much. I love this board. you all are so helpful
09-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I'm glad!

Does the adapter say Pentax on it? If so, you lucked into the best adapter out there... best generally available one anyhow.

09-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CEWren Quote
so I picked up that lot of "vintage" lens and stuff.. tried a few of them out (minus the two with the Ricoh pins)
Get out that screwdriver and follow my Ricoh Pin Fix guide. It's easy!
09-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Often when I read posts like this one thing comes to my mind.

When I was younger, so much younger than today, I never needed anybody's help in any way.
But now these days are gone I'm not so self-assured. Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors.

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down. And I do appreciate you being 'round.
Help me get my feet back on the ground. Won't you please, please help me?

If even one person smiled at that, than my work here was a success.
09-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I smiled. yes I did

yes it is a Pentax adaptor. I see they are about 30$ now. the price on the bag that it was bought in was 12.50. my how times change

and my husband will be getting the screwdriver after that ricoh pin tonight I already got that one lens stuck on my camera once (ignorance is not always bliss)