Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CEWren Quote
I can tell you all are going to get me and my piggy bank in a lot of trouble. LOL

I do eventually want both. but one at a time... like I said, times are tight

I will have to go looking for that thread. thanks
It shouldn't

the piggy bank should be OK just remember to start looking for a new legacy lens each time it reaches $100. Make a list of FL you want, and check them off 1 by one. some will be less than $100 some more.

You saw what I got for $800, that is for 11 lenses, and on average is about $75 per lens. If you subtract the 85F1.9 which is a special case, the average for the remainder drops to about $55 each. that's not too bad.

09-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The others are a Sears 1.7 and a Sigma 2.8 macro. The last 2 are Canon FD so they really don't count.
Ah, but if they *did* count? Let's see, I have a couple Canon-FD 50/1.4's, an LTM Zeiss 50/2.8, six LTM Jupiters and Industars at 50-52-55/2-2.8, a couple M34 Argus Cintar 50/2.8's, an MD Minolta 55/1.7, probably a couple other I can't use and have lost track of. I should start a museum.
09-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #33

55 isnt bad at all. thats achievable.
09-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
How many 50's does a man need? Don't answer, I have 8 and need more.
I must say, im actually glad I shoot APSC because I love ~70-85mm focal length and with APSC I get that in a 50mm for very cheap comparatively.

I have 2 pentax M 50mm F/1.7's, a Pentax M 50mm F/2, a Pentax K 50mm F/1.2, and a Pentax FA 50mm F/1.4. To get anything similar to say the FA F/1.4 on FF/film, it would cost me atleast five times as much, so im pretty content

And for the record, like many others, I still want more. Im eager to try out the K 55mm F/1.8 to see if its better than the M F/1.7. From there who knows