Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2007, 04:56 PM   #1

Best sources for used Pentax lenses?

I've got a DA* 16-50 on order through buy.com (hard to find on their site but a pretty good price... if it ever shows up). In the meantime I wanted a 100-300 to match my powerzoom 28-100 I got with my PZ1p. Even if I also get the 50-135 DA* my hope is that the 100-300 will still be good enough for higher zoom stuff...

Does this sound reasonable or would I be better off with a new off-brand lens?

The 100-300 doesn't have to be powerzoom (would prefer not). I saw one on B&H used for $99, tried for one in great condition on eBay but it went over $200... what's reasonable to pay?

What is a good source for used Pentax stuff? I tried the big camera stores in my area, Samy's in Hollywood is impressive and they had a ton of 645 stuff... but their Pentax 35mm used selection was miniscule...

08-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JMLang Quote
I've got a DA* 16-50 on order through buy.com (hard to find on their site but a pretty good price... if it ever shows up). In the meantime I wanted a 100-300 to match my powerzoom 28-100 I got with my PZ1p. Even if I also get the 50-135 DA* my hope is that the 100-300 will still be good enough for higher zoom stuff...

Does this sound reasonable or would I be better off with a new off-brand lens?

The 100-300 doesn't have to be powerzoom (would prefer not). I saw one on B&H used for $99, tried for one in great condition on eBay but it went over $200... what's reasonable to pay?

What is a good source for used Pentax stuff? I tried the big camera stores in my area, Samy's in Hollywood is impressive and they had a ton of 645 stuff... but their Pentax 35mm used selection was miniscule...
I do not know a reasonable price for the 100-300. My guess is the Ebay price is close to the "going" rate. In terms of sources, the marketplace here is a good place, as is ebay, KEH.com(though they don't much Pentax stuff anymore), and B&H PhotoVideo also occasionally has good used Pentax equipment. With the growing popularity of Pentax, good used glass is becomming more scarce and expensive. I also think some members have had success checking out pawn shops in their cities. You might also try Craigslist (periodically someone will advertise pentax gear.) Best wishes.