Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #1

Quantary 85-200mm lens ?

i was wondering if someone could help a newbie. I have tried to research my question but i'm just not sure. I just purchased a k-x and need to know if a Quantary auto macro zoom 85-210mm pentax px lens will work with this camera ? Also does anyone have any info as to the lens quality and what the lens wiil be good for ( what type of photos ) ,remember i'm a newbie and the price is right for the lens. Thanks Oh the site said it would work with a K100

09-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it's a Pentax K lens, then it will work. If it's an "auto" lens, then it'll also work in P/Av/Tv/Autopict modes. If not, it'll only work in M mode.

We don't have this lens in our Pentax lens database yet.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #3

Original Poster
lol So the lens will work ,do i need any kind of adapter to make it fit ? when i say new i mean newbie .. . Thanks Sorry it's a PK lens not px

Last edited by olered; 09-04-2010 at 07:08 PM.
09-04-2010, 07:52 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yes, it'll work, without an adapter. All Pentax DSLRs use the K-mount.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks , I already bought it lol from what i understand the k mount is also called a pk mount . It looks in great condition and i got it for 18 bucks,hope i did not pay to much for it .Thanks again Adam
09-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yup. PK just stands for Pentax K.

Adam

09-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Quantaray is generally in the entry level of inexpensive lenses. What it is good for is what all telephotos are good for - making subjects appear closer :-) For $18, you don't have too much invested if it turns out to be a dog.
09-05-2010, 08:43 AM   #8

Original Poster
I bought it cause my curiosity as to what a bigger lens can do has gotten the best of me .Plus i'm having a hard time understanding lenses and being more of a hands on type of person i'm hoping having two different lenses will help me figure this whole thing out. This lens is not in the data base and i was wondering if it should be . Thanks again