Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #1

Third party adaptall adapters

Are all these third party i see on ebay the same? i need an adaptall k-mount adapter for a lens i got at a garage sale and i dont want to spend 50 dollars on a genuine adapter.

looking at photos of the third party adapters i cant see a locking notch.

Anyone have any advice?

09-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Silverkarn Quote
Are all these third party i see on ebay the same? i need an adaptall k-mount adapter for a lens i got at a garage sale and i dont want to spend 50 dollars on a genuine adapter.

looking at photos of the third party adapters i cant see a locking notch.

Anyone have any advice?
I purchased one a few months back(no complaints so far). Though if you can, I'd recommend you got one with a silver bayonet so that it will short out the contacts on the mount. This will allow you to use focus trap and an AF TC should the moment arise.
09-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
I purchased one a few months back(no complaints so far). Though if you can, I'd recommend you got one with a silver bayonet so that it will short out the contacts on the mount. This will allow you to use focus trap and an AF TC should the moment arise.

Are you talking about the adapters with one side silver and one side black? How can i tell, the only adapters that have pictures of both sides show one side black (plastic?) and one side silver.
09-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Silverkarn Quote
Are you talking about the adapters with one side silver and one side black? How can i tell, the only adapters that have pictures of both sides show one side black (plastic?) and one side silver.
Ya I think most of the new ones are like that... I've found the older ones usually have polished metal mounts.