Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A find

Well i was poking through my old slr stuff as i had forgotten what was in there.

I found a pentax mx camera
a 50mm f1.4 prime lense
and a 80-200mm f4.5
and a few filters for the zoom

i'm loving the prime.....been playing around with it

Attached Images

09-01-2007, 12:42 AM   #2
Pentaxian

The MX is a quasi classic. Not quite as exciting as finding say a K2 or quite as feature laden as the Super Program, but it was made for around 10 years and was one of the smallest 35mm SLR's ever on the market.
09-01-2007, 01:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I LOVE finding stuff I forgot I had!! Great find!
09-01-2007, 01:35 AM   #4
roy
Inactive Account

i remember my MX. smallest pro cam there was. i traded mine to KEH for more than it cost new. the M80-200/4.5 had 2 versions, the first being the the best, 65mm diameter. it's light weight and sharp thru out the range. IMHO, it's one of the most underrated lens available. the 50/1.4 is probably the M series. truly a gem of a find. enjoy them both.

09-01-2007, 08:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rvannatta Quote
The MX is a quasi classic. Not quite as exciting as finding say a K2 or quite as feature laden as the Super Program, but it was made for around 10 years and was one of the smallest 35mm SLR's ever on the market.
The MX wasn't as great a find to me as the 50mm lense. But considering these have been sitting in my closet for about 3 years since I last used them it really is nice to know what I have

QuoteOriginally posted by roy Quote
i remember my MX. smallest pro cam there was. i traded mine to KEH for more than it cost new. the M80-200/4.5 had 2 versions, the first being the the best, 65mm diameter. it's light weight and sharp thru out the range. IMHO, it's one of the most underrated lens available. the 50/1.4 is probably the M series. truly a gem of a find. enjoy them both.
I enjoyed them both when I was younger, never quite understood the prime at that point but I will defintely enjoy them again. the zoom is a 65mm, and from what I remember was sharp throughout, even with the teleconverter I used with it.
09-02-2007, 09:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member

What a great find indeed.
Might even be a good idea to crack some film out and give the old body another go as well .... see how it performs even for now.