Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What has been done to this Reflex 2000mm?

Some of you know of my quest for the 2000mm Reflex. Another one has turned up on ebay by the same seller as the last one. (How they find these, I'll never know.)

I tried to message them about it, but I think there's a decent amount of language barrier, and the message I got back wasn't very useful.

The seller says it's been adapted to a Nikon mount. The question is, what if anything would have to be done to return it to it's Pentax mount?

Name:  pentax_02.jpg
Views: 1302
Size:  169.6 KB

Here's the URL: SMC Pentax M Reflex 13.5/2000mm f Nikon Mnual - eBay (item 350386408122 end time Sep-19-10 03:13:55 PDT)

Thanks for the help!

09-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Judging by the adapter on it, you would need the original Pentax adapter or you'd have to make your own. It's certainly not something I would attempt unless I were a machinist. Unless that is a really great price for it, I'm talking about minimum $500 cheaper than what it should be, I really would not bother. That looks to be more painful than even an FD to m42 conversion.
09-09-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
in looking at it it may be as simple as getting a T mount to pentax K adaptor.

It is really hard to say, for sure without knowing th emodifications in total,

edit note

In fact, after looking at the Nikon T mount adaptor that is on my celestron C90 spotting scope, I am almost certain that is what it is.

What I cannot answer, being unfamiliar with the lens, and what it should look like, is what has been removed and or lost that should be there for the true pentax mount.

Last edited by Lowell Goudge; 09-09-2010 at 07:31 AM.
09-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
Site Supporter

The mounts on the Pentax K Series Super Telephotos are removable, as they also hold the 52mm filters.

The mounts are also interchangeable, so as you already have the K1000 Reflex you can use that mount on the K2000 Reflex.

However this lens may have had “other work” done to it to convert it to a Nikon. Another forum member went through a similar painful process with a Takumar 1000mm f8.0.

My advice is to skip it, you may be looking at a huge headache trying to convert it back to the Pentax mount. Also the price is way too high, $2500.00 would be tops for one in perfect shape with the trunk. This one is missing the trunk, which is mandatory for a large lens like that.

Phil.