Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2010, 04:45 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The only issue you might have with the warranty is the provided receipt. If it says "used, like new" or anything besides "new", the manufacturer could deny warranty...but it always worth a try if you happen to need it.

10-06-2010, 12:55 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by patk Quote
i purchased an fa 43 ltd from the "used" section of amazon and assumed from the description that it was an item with probable cosmetic damage to the box alone. that indeed proved to be the case. it was in perfect condition and turned out to be an assembled in japan version. i did know i was taking a chance, but it was covered by the 30-day return policy. i still have it. it would be flawless but for its owner.
question is, how much you paid for it?
10-06-2010, 12:57 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
With used items you really never know what will actually show up. However, with Amazon - you know that you can at least send it back, and have your money returned. So, really in the end you have little at risk - other than a bit of inconvenience.

I purchased a used (mint condition) DA 21/3.2 about a year ago. What actually showed up was a FA 31/1.8 Ltd, absolutely mint, made in Japan lens, in the pouch - no box.

Not complaining at all (the lens is everything everyone claims it is - I doubt seriously I will ever part with it), but with little to risk, it is certainly a reasonable approach to take.

I hate you !