QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Fabulous lens ! Great price. This is one LBA acquisition you will never regret
Thanks.
09-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
it's not. but it is perfect for the m4/3 and mirrorless APS-C cameras without any problem using a non-optical adapter mount which retains it's aperture speed brightness, DOF and focal length . I can use it for K-mount using a 3rd party optical mount adapter which makes the lens quite longer at 125mm macro/3.5 which could work well for macro use and candid portraiture. also there is a bit of issue when using such optical adapter, it creates some glow/halo and CA in the bokeh highlights (traces of purple/magenta) which can be annoying or extra work during post-processing. the loss in contrast is negligible because it can be restored during post-process. such IQ degradation can be due to the quality of the correctional optics used on the adapter. I would try another experiment that would use better optics and see if it improves or solves the problem.

anyway, here are some samples.
Pentaxor,
it looks like you are getting some fantastic shots from you C/FD mount 90/2.5
What was the price you paid, if you don't mind me asking?
09-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Pentaxor,
it looks like you are getting some fantastic shots from you C/FD mount 90/2.5
What was the price you paid, if you don't mind me asking?
the FD mount versions really don't cost that much. way way cheaper than what you paid for. although I'm able to produce some nice shots, I still feel a lil bit unsatisfied. probably because I want to use it as with a wider perspective (90mm) and had would like to use the lens without the unwanted decrease in IQ degradation. I just want to use it perfectly as it is like how it performs on how it really performs. but ultimately, I want to use it with a Pentax-made Camera. the only way to do this is when Pentax releases a mirrorless Camera with an APS-C/FF sensor. if not, I have to use it with any M4/3 and mirrorless APS-C camera and post some photos in other forums. we dont want that, do we?

09-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
the FD mount versions really don't cost that much. way way cheaper than what you paid for. although I'm able to produce some nice shots, I still feel a lil bit unsatisfied. probably because I want to use it as with a wider perspective (90mm) and had would like to use the lens without the unwanted decrease in IQ degradation. I just want to use it perfectly as it is like how it performs on how it really performs. but ultimately, I want to use it with a Pentax-made Camera. the only way to do this is when Pentax releases a mirrorless Camera with an APS-C/FF sensor. if not, I have to use it with any M4/3 and mirrorless APS-C camera and post some photos in other forums. we dont want that, do we?
You should just get a nice Canon FD film body and shoot film with it
09-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #36
Veteran Member

You should just get a nice Canon FD film body and shoot film with it
too bad I quit using one a few years ago. it's just too costly for me to use film.
10-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #37
Veteran Member

some new images from my newly acquired 2nd copy of the S1 90/2.5.

I love the subtle smooth colors that comes with the smooth bokeh. sharpness rendering is just a bonus.

10-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice shots Pentaxor,
Nice to hear you managed to find a P/K version.
10-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Very nice shots! This wouldn't happen to have been taken at the Bloedel Conservatory/QEP would it?
10-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Nice shots Pentaxor,
Nice to hear you managed to find a P/K version.
Yup. thanks to a fellow forum member for the heads-up. managed to snag the copy for the price I was willing to pay for which was around $300 including shipping. too bad I had to pay $35 for import duties, but I'm not complaining cause it could had cost me more. there were 2 copies up for grabs, one was active for bidding and the one I went for was BIN/best offer. I gave my offer and got a counter and we settled. I got mine cheaper than the one that was up for bid which was stuck at $150 til the final day where all the action and sniping started to play. it went for more and I don't think that I would had won it especially with the sniping happening all around. so it was a good call.
10-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jaieger Quote
Very nice shots! This wouldn't happen to have been taken at the Bloedel Conservatory/QEP would it?
must be those birds, right?
10-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Indeed. I've been there a few times, pretty cool place. Always gets me worried what with the humidity and whatnot though
10-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jaieger Quote
Indeed. I've been there a few times, pretty cool place. Always gets me worried what with the humidity and whatnot though
Yep. anyway, I'm guessing you got you FA50/1.7 off craigslist not too long ago.
I'm off to Sun Yat Sen next. just wondering how the garden is doing this time of the year.