Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Who caught me?

I've been keeping this as a secret for 8 days, hoping to be the only one bidding. With just over 24 hours remaining, it's suddenly spiked to over 200; my absolute limit, and a point at which I'd have to wait to get a support system for the monster.

Earlier this week I asked the seller for a picture of the front glass to confirm identification; I've been way too excited about this

Sorry, I need to whine; I thought the owner's failure to properly advertise it would keep it in my price range! The guy doesn't even recognize that the lens wasn't built to mount on EOS. Also, I assume some bully around here with deeper pockets was one of the three bidders that pushed things so high so quickly. Confess! And loan me your new toy if you win it! :-D

P.S. That's right, I was hoping to get a 500mm f4.5 for under 200 shipped; some people call me delusional...

09-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know... but he will NOT ship to Canada
09-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by m88k Quote
I've been keeping this as a secret for 8 days, hoping to be the only one bidding. With just over 24 hours remaining, it's suddenly spiked to over 200; my absolute limit, and a point at which I'd have to wait to get a support system for the monster.

Earlier this week I asked the seller for a picture of the front glass to confirm identification; I've been way too excited about this

Sorry, I need to whine; I thought the owner's failure to properly advertise it would keep it in my price range! The guy doesn't even recognize that the lens wasn't built to mount on EOS. Also, I assume some bully around here with deeper pockets was one of the three bidders that pushed things so high so quickly. Confess! And loan me your new toy if you win it! :-D

P.S. That's right, I was hoping to get a 500mm f4.5 for under 200 shipped; some people call me delusional...
As of right now, 8:50pm EDT Sept 16, 2010, that auction hasn't even started. Apparently, you aren't the only one to recognize the glamor in his shitty dark pictures. Wait until the last 10 seconds and see what happens. If you put in an early bid for someone to chip away at, Shame On You!

09-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

from the seller... I asked why they thought it was canon and not pentax...

Dear icywarm,

I would be willing to ship to whatever American address you like. I can't see any obvious changes on the lens. All I see is the Canon EOS mount.

- gaylordta

09-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
Site Supporter

This is why I cringe whenever I see a thread that says something like "HEY! Look at this great miscategorized lens on eBay!"

I imagine there's someone out there, perhaps another PentaxForums member, who's waiting quietly for the auction to end, hoping nobody else notices. Then the floodgates open.

In some cases, that "someone" might even be me!
09-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by m88k Quote

The mounts on these Pentax super telephotos is removable and also houses the filter mount. Lots of people have converted these mounts to fit other manufactures cameras.

I would avoid these butchered lenses unless you want a headache. If it was converted to a Canon mount you’re out of luck getting to it to mount on your Pentax.

Other forum members have been burnt with these conversions, including myself with a K500/4.5 that was missing the entire mount.

Phil
09-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
yeah, it really irks me that people even bother bidding before the last 25 seconds of an auction. What's the point? guys like me wait for the 10-15 second mark before even typing the bid amount into the textbox!

oh well, what are you gonna do.
09-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #8

Notice quite a few dings/dents around the circumference on there.

09-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I don't know how I did it, but a few weeks ago I scored a minty ISCO 135mm F3.5 off e-bay. It looks like it was used only once. Got it for $50. Let's see anyone try to find one that cheap.