Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
FA 43's Lack of Guide Bump

Does it bug anybody else the FA 43 doesn't have a guide bump? I use the lens quite often on film cameras and when I mount it I often find myself wishing it had the bump. Why did they leave it off this lens in particular?

09-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It might just be too small, I think, for the implementation to be feasible.

Also, it's unfortunately that no lens after the A series, except the FA limiteds, have the bumps.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
axl
Veteran Member

it doesn't bother me too much but what is even more unfortunate is that they moved the lens release button on the body, what made the bumps off set quite a bit...
09-20-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Oh really?! The funny thing is I only use the bumps with film cameras (pre-1990), not digital, so I didn't know they moved the button.

09-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Does it bug anybody else the FA 43 doesn't have a guide bump? I use the lens quite often on film cameras and when I mount it I often find myself wishing it had the bump. Why did they leave it off this lens in particular?
I thought the Bump was more to help in removing the lens so you don't stress the focus ring or the aperture ring. For me, the Guide, has always been the Red Dot on the mount. That's been true of ALL my SLRs. That said, Lack of the bump on the 43 isn't something I ever even noticed.

09-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I thought the Bump was more to help in removing the lens so you don't stress the focus ring or the aperture ring. For me, the Guide, has always been the Red Dot on the mount. That's been true of ALL my SLRs. That said, Lack of the bump on the 43 isn't something I ever even noticed.

The idea of the guide bump is that you can align it without looking.
09-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote

Oops, sorry for pointing it out. Now every time you use the lens you're going to notice it and it's going to bug you too!!!
09-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Oops, sorry for pointing it out. Now every time you use the lens you're going to notice it and it's going to bug you too!!!
It very well may... Thanks A Lot

Still a killer lens though

QuoteQuote:
The idea of the guide bump is that you can align it without looking.
I just never paid that much attention to it. I know it works nicely as a grip to remove the lens though.