Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Challenge: A better 50mm eyeball on full open aperture? Feed-back on Yashica f/1.8

Sorry if this is lame or something, but I'm interested in 50mm lenses for portraiture and low light photography.

Below are three eye balls that are in-focus from a K10D. They are full pixel crops with no post-processing -- just cropped in Photoshop and saved at level 8 with 3 progressive scans.

Sorry no full faces. I don't want to post my friend's pictures all over the internet. But the eyes need focus and crispness for a good portrait -- ja?

How does this lens stack up? Does anyone else have full pixel crops of eye balls to compare? Would it be worth ditching this lens for something else?

On topic please. I shoot outside in usually low-light conditions -- nothing optimal here. This is about people on the move long enough to pose for my camera. Tripods and thousand dollar lenses not welcome tho if you have a crop from something like that at f/1.8 or less I'd love to see it.

Last edited by konraDarnok; 04-10-2008 at 07:52 AM.
09-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Those look great to me

I find all three very sharp to me and they look better than the one you post on the other thread. I hope others give you feedbacks as well. I would be very happy if my 50 is getting shots such as the three samples you posted, especially the 1st.

Thanks,
Hin
09-04-2007, 06:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

i was doing a lot of eyes a couple of years ago:

yes the colors are tweaked as these are not editorial photos, but just my own stuff...

i forgot to feather my selection around the iris here you can see on the bottom right of the blue...