Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I've been using a set of closeup lenses/filters and though they are adequate to what I do, they're not the best for really close shots of ants and aphids. And this would be cheaper than a Raynox 250.

09-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I have Raynox 150 with my Pentax DA 50-200mm lens. 200mm is good enough. Maybe 50-300mm is great with Raynox. I saw one man who is famous K200D with 50-300mm with Raynox 250. WOW close very much and can see spider's face and eyes with colour. NBC hire him. Cool.
09-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I had the Raynox 150 but sold it because coupled with the Sigma lens it was too heavy for me to use. And that's why I am looking for alternative methods.
09-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I doubt this filter is as strong as the Raynox. Never seen a diopter number for it. Someone clever enough should be able to calculate backward from the change in close focus distance that it give, but you need the filter to try that.

09-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Even if KEH says all it is, is the filter, $17 is cheap and if it's still there when I get paid next Friday, I'll order it. Of course, unless they have something else I could use for about the same price. They have a set of extension tubes but they want $45 for those. I buying a truck I'm still paying on so it depends on after paying more on the truck whether I have the extra money to buy either or of these types of lenses.
10-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #21
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I haven't yet ordered this adapter. I am no longer buying the truck as it would cost me too much to get it road ready, then pay all the things I need to get on the road. So, at the end of this month if KEH still has this adapter, I'll buy it when I get the money back I put down on the truck. I was buying the truck off my nephew, and he's going to give me the money back.