Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #1

Picked up 3 mf lenses recently

I bought my K-7 August 4th of this year and since then I've been buying up cheap manual focus glass. Just wanted to share my three newest additions.

Helios 44K-4 (I have 2, along with a 44M). By far, my favorite. I love the contrast this thing produces. And the bokeh! We all know what that looks like. If it had automatic aperture it would be perfect.

Tokina 28mm 2.8. I think this is my favorite looking lens. The typography is very clean and I love how the glass meets the ridged ring. I also love the beveled edge on the filter ring threads and the large metal aperture lock release. A lot sexier than the Pentax variant (I don't like the big white/yellow stud and orange diamond on Pentax mf lenses). It takes great close ups but anything far away is almost impossible to properly focus on. I had to remove the Ricoh pin and a huge flange to get it to work but it was worth the 10 minutes.

Kalimar 18-28mm 4-4.5. This is my newest eBay find. Before purchasing, I couldn't find any information on this lens so I went ahead and took a risk. I haven't taken any real pictures with it yet so I can't comment on image quality but I can tell you it's made in Korea, it's heavy, it's doesn't snap into focus like my other lenses, it has an "A" aperture setting, and it's a lotta fun to use on a 35mm.

09-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congrats. I have the 44K and think it is a great lens. Nice photos.
09-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks. The Helios is getting a lot of use at the moment. The pictures of the Helios and Kalimar were taken by the Tokina. The focus is off on the first and third picture but then again it was 4am. The picture of the Tokina was taken by the 44K and you can see the major contrast difference. I have my K-7 set on high contrast monochrome and I love the crazy highlights and deep shadows the 44K produces.