Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
09-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #121
Nubi

Well, I suspect that the thread will be closed very soon then . . . . .

09-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
A Pentax representative has described 13-23 year old females as one of their target groups for a mirrorless camera. Admittedly he was not talking about DSLRs.

Mirrorless Models Bring New Growth - 2010-08-30 04:06:00 | TWICE
He described an open market (most people will sign onto a brand with their first purchase, and young people tend to like photography) as *one* of their target markets. This sounds like a smart move that has the potential to generate revenue, which will facilitate the expansion of their lens line.

Remember, beginners advance to enthusiasts. By winning over beginners and selling lenses like the 35mm 2.4, they win over a customer who will eventually buy the 50mm 1.4, and then eventually something like the 50-135. No one signs onto Nikon as an amateur photographer considering their 1500 dollar incredi-lenses, they look to something like the 18-55, 18-105, or 50mm 1.8.

The music industry supported thousands of incredible musicians by marketing everything to the teenagers - the biggest impulse-buyers, with large volumes of expendable income (in middle-class families). Did adults buy and appreciate their albums? You bet... and they didn't even have to watch MTV to learn about them.

Adults who are already photographers don't give a flying **** about the campaign, they want the specs. Amateurs are won over by marketing. You should hope they are too, so that Pentax can afford to produce some more really high quality lenses.
09-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #123
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
Well, I suspect that the thread will be closed very soon then . . . . .
Yes, looks like some rumours have been send by trolls disappointed that Pentax does not go full frame;
09-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #124
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think all of you should go and give SJWaldron some nice reputation points because he has sent a mail to pentax Japan basically squashing this rumour. This thread isn't exactly bringing out the best in people so I think it's perhaps best to close it down.

Closed Thread