Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2010, 05:16 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JoepLX3 Quote
Not by mid October in kit with K-r?
- That was my intension...
here is a link to one of the bigger chains.

????.com- ?????? PENTAX-DA 35mm F2.4 AL [????]

On this page you can see this line

販売開始日: 11月中旬発売予定
(hanbai kaishi hi = start day of selling).

11月 is 11th month of year that is nov

中旬 is mid of month.

So this page says it will be selling in mid of nov dates still not fixed.

09-27-2010, 05:45 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jyrkira Quote
There were no much light so most of my photos with 18-135 are blurred due to too slow shutter speeds. But from the few decent images I got it seems to be sharp. We need to wait a bit more to know that.

Some 18-135 images:

135mm f/5.6

18mm f/5, look at the vertical line at right. No distortion correction added

31mm f/5

18mm f/5.6
The center is definitely nice on this lens, as it is on most of the offerings at this length. It is hard to tell about corners, which have been the sore spot for other 18-135s. Those newspaper corners are softer but not likely to be in focus at that FL and aperture.
09-27-2010, 05:54 AM   #33
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
I'll send mental vibes your way. When he wakes up in the morning complaining that he dreamed all night about a dancing 35 mm lens, try to act innocent!
Thnks but since I dreamed of a dancing 35 mm I am wondering how good your vibes aim was
09-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The OOF rendering of the DA 35mm seems to be very good. From these few samples, I don't see any of the nasty "halos" around the edges of out of focus areas that is common place with over-corrected large aperture lenses. This was probably a benefit that they could get from giving up an ultra-fast aperture. I think it looks great so far! Looking forward to see some real world samples later on!

09-27-2010, 06:08 AM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
I think it's time for the nay-sayers to shut up.
Even those naysayers who point out that it's more expensive and nearly a stop slower than the (also very sharp) Nikon 35 f1.8? I don't think there are/were many people suggesting that it wouldn't be good at what it does.
09-27-2010, 06:53 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
here is a link to one of the bigger chains.

????.com- ?????? PENTAX-DA 35mm F2.4 AL [????]

On this page you can see this line

販売開始日: 11月中旬発売予定
(hanbai kaishi hi = start day of selling).

11月 is 11th month of year that is nov

中旬 is mid of month.

So this page says it will be selling in mid of nov dates still not fixed.
Your Japanese is much better than mine!!!
- Maybe my Korean is better than yours...

Either way, in that case I will have to buy the K-x or K-r first and wait with the 35 mm F2.4 until "Christmas".
09-27-2010, 08:35 AM   #37
Inactive Account

WR18-135 coupled with high ISO settings... yummmmyyyy.. Hard (carbon?)Plastic DA35 coupled with high ISO settings.... yummmmyyy.... I guess pentax think that fast lenses now is not that needed due to high ISO capability of the new cameras.... but....... i still need some nice bokeh for SOME shots.....

cheers.

09-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Just to stir, now that we've seen a little evidence of what this lens can do, any naysayers care to comment now about how soft its wide open shots are, or how ordinary its bokeh looks or how ridiculous it was for Pentax to release such a slow and cheaply built prime and how bad it will be for Pentax?
I have an FA35.

having said that, I'm not a naysayer but it's good to see that Pentax produce something faster, available and affordable. having bought my fast 35 for such as cheap price, it is very difficult for me to let it go, especially for how much they are selling nowadays. the only time that I will sell this, is if I ever going to buy an FA31, in the expense of K28/3.5, FA35 and FA50/1.7 respectively. plus some cash of course.

oh and the DA35/2.4 looks very good.

*note: need more real world images in good exposure. sample photos doesn't give justice to it. not very tempting for some people.
09-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #39

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Would you be so kind to download PEF files?
I will put some 18-135 PEF files soon in the following chain:

DA 18-135 WR chain
09-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jyrkira Quote
It needs its own topic I think, but some findings and opinions:

- Well build
- Compact
- No distortion at wide end
- No distorion at tele end
- Seems to be sharp.
- The aperture is 4.5 at 70mm

All the things above together with WR made me want to change my 17-70 to 18-135.
Compact is nice. WR is a plus. I'm tempted to replace my 18-250 with a 18-135.
09-28-2010, 04:04 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JoepLX3 Quote
Your Japanese is much better than mine!!!
- Maybe my Korean is better than yours...

Either way, in that case I will have to buy the K-x or K-r first and wait with the 35 mm F2.4 until "Christmas".
my japanese is good enough to fail level 2. I have no doubt that i am going to fail level 2 again this year. :-D

Anyway on yodobashi i could not see any kit with 35mm f2.4 all the k-r kits were with 18-55mm.

If k-r is available as kit then you are correct then you could buy it in oct compared to nov.
May be kit is the reason lense is available in nov compared to oct.
09-28-2010, 06:01 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well the 35mm f/2.4 looks like a decent performer, while the FA31mm maintains it's position as a prestige lens.
09-28-2010, 06:08 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I have an FA35.

having said that, I'm not a naysayer but it's good to see that Pentax produce something faster, available and affordable. having bought my fast 35 for such as cheap price, it is very difficult for me to let it go, especially for how much they are selling nowadays. the only time that I will sell this, is if I ever going to buy an FA31, in the expense of K28/3.5, FA35 and FA50/1.7 respectively. plus some cash of course.

oh and the DA35/2.4 looks very good.

*note: need more real world images in good exposure. sample photos doesn't give justice to it. not very tempting for some people.
Agree. If you have an FA35/2, there is not much reason to look at this lens. It is also plastic, and very light as well as compact (without the hood). Because it is so light, I doubt I would give it up even for an FA31.

I also agree about the images. I am grateful for all who attended the Photokina and sent back photos. It is great fun to see them, but they really don't tell me much about the lenses other than that they really exist and function.