Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ok, I will stick my nose in here too. I rented a Bigma last Summer for 10 days to help decide which to buy. I loved the color and contrast of the Bigma and at distance it was sharp enough but very close up little birds I did not like the results. maybe with more time I could have corrected the closeup. After then renting the da*300 the difference in weight alone sold me. I walk all the time and it was the right one for me. Adding the AF 1.7x gives you a sometimes awkward but very sharp 510mm if there is enough light for f10 (where I find great sharpness). Here are two shots this summer handholding the da*300+1.7x. If EXIF does not show, both are F11, -7EV, is0400, 1/640s. The detail beats what I was able to get from the Bigma canceling out the simplicity of the zoom. YMMV.

09-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RTogog Quote
Very sharp!
This make me abit tough to choose between 2 of them.
Where can I find the original file (crop area cn the the focus point)
I will upload a full crop and original ASAP.

QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
Ok, I will stick my nose in here too. I rented a Bigma last Summer for 10 days to help decide which to buy. I loved the color and contrast of the Bigma and at distance it was sharp enough but very close up little birds I did not like the results.
Just for clarification, the Bigma I'm referring to is of a different optical design, and also carries OS. I'm guessing the one you had was the older Bigma, as the newer OS version has only been available for 2months. (In Pentax mount)