Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

PK to EOS Adaptors for DA Lenses

I've seen these available to mount K mount lenses to the EOS but what happens with setting the aperture on DA lenses.

I'm asking this as I want to use my 10-17 fisheye on a friends's 7D and not sure how to go about controlling aperture.

09-29-2010, 03:22 AM   #2
Pentaxian

in all probability you're going to be shooting with the lens stopped all the way down, since EF mount is entirely electronic and has no physical coupling for the aperture lever. Unless the adapter itself has this in which case you will be shooting with the lens wide open.
09-30-2010, 07:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
in all probability you're going to be shooting with the lens stopped all the way down, since EF mount is entirely electronic and has no physical coupling for the aperture lever. Unless the adapter itself has this in which case you will be shooting with the lens wide open.
So no adaptors have an aperture control?
09-30-2010, 07:16 AM   #4
Pentaxian

unless you are using an older pre-DA,DA* lens you will have no aperture control. only the FA and older series of lenses have the aperture ring.

09-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm expecting mine tomorrow. All my research tells me that these adaptors are useful only with manual focus "A" or "M" or "K" K-mount lenses. With any of these lens types, you are performing stop-down metering on the 7D. These lenses will not fit a FF Canon body.

M
09-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
These lenses will not fit a FF Canon body.
what do you mean by this statement?
09-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
Pentaxian

The aperture lever and lever shield will come in conflict with the mirror boxes on Canon FF and 1.3x crop bodies when using an adaptor. One has to perform an aperture "leverectomy" which cuts the offending parts away. The illustrated procedure is posted in a few places out there.

At this point in time I"m just not brave enough to do that on my Voigtlander 125mm lens.

M

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
what do you mean by this statement?
09-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #8
Veteran Member

The aperture lever and lever shield will come in conflict with the mirror boxes on Canon FF and 1.3x crop bodies when using an adaptor. One has to perform an aperture "leverectomy" which cuts the offending parts away. The illustrated procedure is posted in a few places out there.

At this point in time I"m just not brave enough to do that on my Voigtlander 125mm lens.

M
Please don't. Sell me the lens instead .

10-01-2010, 01:22 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster

M
Well thats definitely not an option lol as the lens needs to be useful on a Pentax still lol.

I've seen photo of people using DA lenses on m4/3 GH1.
10-01-2010, 03:03 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This can't be done because PK-EOS adaptor is only 1.46mm thick. Anyone figured out how to do what you asked would be a genius. PK-4/3 or m4/3 or NEX adaptors are much thicker so can be done, and already available.
10-01-2010, 06:23 AM   #11
Veteran Member

When i used a PK lens on my 40D with a PK to EOS adapter, it worked fine. Focus Confirm adapter too. No genius required, though this was a manual Vivitar PK lens, not a DA
10-01-2010, 06:27 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Just rememberd i have some photos