Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Picture of my K100D in camera bags

and I posted 11 images in the accessory discussion for my two camera bags made from backpack, lunchbox, raincoat, diaper and baby bottle insulator. Diapers are used for cushioning and spares for my younger boy. The thread in

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-accessories/11636-unusual-c...s-11-imgs.html

Thanks,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 09-10-2007 at 08:36 PM.
09-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Heh. My camera bag is stuffed with diapers too.
09-07-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
About the diapers in camera bag

It is so good to hear others having diapers in camera bag. Before I turn my backpack to a camera bag, I used to go out in the weekend with my younger boy not toilet trained and diaper in my backpack is a necessity for the real practical purposes of spare diapers.

And you know why I have a clear plastic bag over diapers, it is to keep it clean in case we need to use them with my younger boy who is not completely toilet trained when we venture out in weekend. So there goes the origin of diapers for both cushioning and actual use in photographing excursion with my boys.

Regards,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 09-07-2007 at 06:06 PM.
09-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
My backup camera in Fuji F30

A bit off topic but I use my Fuji F30 to photo all of my pentax gear. And all shots this morning was taken with Fuji F30 in macro mode and filled flash in some of the shots

I will try to offer my thoughts in Fuji F30 later on when time allows
-- it is a great p&s camera to compliment the big brothers in Pentax
gear.

Thoughts on Fuji F30 - Hin's Tech Corner

And I have learned my mistakes in not having a backup camera. Even a p&s will do better in important photo session. My painful story in this blog post

Hardest Lesson Learned in Photograhy - Hin's Photo Blog

Thanks,
Hin

09-07-2007, 09:56 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Wow great juxtaposition of the letter blocks and the GorillaPod!
09-08-2007, 07:11 AM   #6
Site Supporter

a slingshot

Hi Hinman,

I'm in the same boat as you - 2 young boys. What I did, was buy a slingshot 200W for my camera. It sits on my back and is awesome to whip around to snap shots without worrying about getting the lenses knocked around in their bags.

It's more to handle, but being on the back, I hardly notice.

Just thought I would mention it.

Good luck,
Keebler
09-08-2007, 07:37 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you Pete, picture from DA 50-200

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
Wow great juxtaposition of the letter blocks and the GorillaPod!
That picture was taken with my favorite DA 50-200. And I purposely shot it for an 'F' letter picture in participating a blogging forum event in Photograph ABC on every Wednesday. Hence, I choose the letter blocks to go with the shot -- and it works out unexpectedly well. It is pure fun to come up with picture themed on each character with your own choice of wordings. In the 'F' week, I chose four letter 'F' words and Fuji is one of them, to see the other 3 four letter 'F' picture from 4 letter camera (fuji), you can see this blog post:

Four Letters 'F' Pictures - Hin's Tech Corner

And I wish some of you can join the event, it is pure fun (with some pain obviously in all the blogging and editing). And in order to debut my four letter 'F' picture, I made this movie poster with FA 50 f/1.4 in this picture:

with movie poster online tool from bighugelabs.com as described in this blog post

Flickr Movie Poster - Hin's Tech Corner

Another poster sample with a hand held picture made in 1/4 second shutter speed with my Fuji F30 while in Macau visiting family, I love this online tool and I am sure anyone with any pictures can have fun with this online tool -- it is all free.

Thanks,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 09-08-2007 at 07:53 AM.
09-08-2007, 07:48 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I actually tried slingshot 200

QuoteOriginally posted by Keebler Quote
Hi Hinman,

I'm in the same boat as you - 2 young boys. What I did, was buy a slingshot 200W for my camera. It sits on my back and is awesome to whip around to snap shots without worrying about getting the lenses knocked around in their bags.

It's more to handle, but being on the back, I hardly notice.

Just thought I would mention it.

Good luck,
Keebler
Slingshot 200W is by far the closest bag that I would get. I bought it from Fry's electronic. It is very compact and provide good protection for gear inside as you have mentioned. Unfortunately I find it uncomfortable in long excursion and I find it not well balanced in weight and I find it in particular awkward to carry after having it for over an hour hiking or walking with it. Perhaps, I am short and have a small body and that may have an impact on the comfort level.

But I would have to agree with you that it is one of the better bags for gear. The other bag that I have not honestly tried is the crumpler 6/7 million pizza bags. I may replace my 2nd small handbag (the small bag next to my red backback)

with the 6 million pizza version for camera+2lens+flash setting

Last edited by hinman; 09-08-2007 at 07:54 AM.
09-08-2007, 08:22 PM   #9
Site Supporter

interesting point about the weight balance issue. I've noticed this a bit, but that's usually when I'm ripping down a trail on my mountain bike.

I'm a wee guy too

happy shooting
09-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Blog post on my diaper cushioned camera bags

Hin's Camera Bags - Hin's Tech Corner

Hope you all enjoy it.

Thanks,
Hin