Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #16

Original Poster

Hi everyone,
I've recently finished the film that i was talking about at the beginning of this post. I put it on youtube unlisted so you have to have that link above to watch it. Please give me your thoughts on it, especially on the cinematography. The entire film was shot on the pentax k-x with a 35mm prime 2.8, 135 prime 2.8 and a few shots i used the stock zoom on 17mm but only in bright sunlight.

I'm very excited about what the pentax k-x can do but it does have a lot of quirks that suck. I had problems with controlling the ISO ( i did the p-mode switch trick, but i'm not confident it really gives you control over the ISO so there needs to be a firmware update or something to let you have real control over it). I also had problems with the white balance. Even if i set the white balance to tungsten or day light or whatever, the white balance would still change during a shot depending on the lighting situations or the movements of the actors. Very frustrating. So apart from those two major things that pentax needs to create a fix for, the k-x was a wonderful camera to shoot a short film on. Since this film i've shot one regional commercial on it and one other short film. I'll post those as well when i get a chance.
Also, I'm about to invest in a 50mm 1.4 lens so that will def help with shooting in low light since i did have some grain issues in this film because of needing a faster lens than a 2.8.

Looking forward to seeing what y'all have to say