Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2007, 01:32 AM   #16
baw

CA = Chromatic Aberration.

09-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Chako Quote
Oh sorry. Sometimes I forget about the language at times.

CA = Chromatic Abrasion. This results in that beautiful purple fringe seen in my bad examples above.

LBA = Lens Buying Addiction. A disease that afflicts many a photographer. You know you have it when you’re buying lenses for no good reason. Real bad LBA could even result in having the same lens twice lol.
Hi, talking about LBA......I am seriously addicted. Half my time is spent in England and the other half in Thailand......three trips each way each year. So......I have almost two of everything (*ist DS in Thailand and K10D in England) and share about 40 lenses between the two.

I really must sell most and focus (pun intended) and what I really use !!!!!!
09-12-2007, 06:23 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Techno~ Quote
LBA?

Help a confused beginner out here - it took me twenty minutes of googling to find out what CA means (do you know how many domain names there are in Canada or how many photographers/studios there are in California?)
I think the best advice you have seen here is don't make your first 'second lens' an expensive one. I've bot a lot of lenses over the years--way too many, sme expensive, some cheap. My favorites aren't paricularly the most expensive ones that I've bought. Also the perfect lens is a matter of personal preference
and one persons choice may not (won't) work for someone else.

there are numerous trade offs between speed, optical quality, zoom/prime, focal length, cost etc.

a couple of thoughts: the pentax branded lenses will sell on the second hand market for a lot more than the brand X lenses, but the brand x lenses may work just fine. I have a Sigma 18-35 zoom that I have used and liked for years. On the otherhand I have a Sigma 28-300 that sits on the shelf.
Subjectively, I just don't like it----but I can't tellyou why because I don't know.

On the other hand, I have a Pentax 80-320---now out of production--that I've owned since they first came out 10 years ago and almost never used it until recently.----It was somehow too big for my film camera bodies, but when I got the K10--it seems happy with the K10 and I"ve used it more since I bought my K10 a couple of months ago than I have in 10 years previous.

The DA 50-200 is a nifty little lens, and I take it with me when I need to travel light.

a camera lens is like a date---- neither marry nor spend all your money on the first one.
09-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Oh my. Lol. What was I thinking.

"CA = Chromatic Abrasion"

09-13-2007, 07:27 AM   #20

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Woohoo! Camera and kit arrived today! Will be learning and playing with it at the weekend.