Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
The cat that is both alive and dead.
Only a guy who lives with his wife and his mistress (in the same house - at the same time) can really understand duality. Given his menage with Anny and Hilde, spiced by the occasional grad student, wave-particle duality was a piece of cake!

10-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #17
Veteran Member

PS: For the puzzled, please look into Dr. Schroedinger's cat.
11-28-2010, 06:07 AM   #18
Inactive Account

An interesting finding: in the award introduction page: Good Design Award, it is mentioned that the designer was "Akira Watanabe, Designer, Design Group, Development Dept., PENTAX Imaging Systems Division, HOYA CORPORATION", while more actively out there is another Akira Watanabe, who is manager of Olympus Imaging's SLR planning department. I am not sure are these 2 Watanabe actually the same person.
Moreover, as far as I know, the designer of FA 77mm F1.8 Limited and FA 43mm F1.9 Limited (also together with many other excellent pieces) is Mr. 平川 純(Hirakawa Jun), who sat for the interview as reported in the following page: ??????????? - ?????? smc PENTAX-DA ??? - ?????Web, unfortunately, this great master of optics was dismissed by HOYA in around June 2009. This retrenchment was known as a primary task after the takeover (the second one is to find a good buyer).
Hey there, dear G-Mark judges, do you feel ashamed of your desicion on an award based on a distorted application? We here at PF all love PENTAX so bad, but not HOYA - I really have to say - an organization with so poor sympathy and ethics.

Last edited by zuiko; 11-28-2010 at 06:30 AM.
11-28-2010, 08:19 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Speak for yourself

QuoteOriginally posted by zuiko Quote
An interesting finding: in the award introduction page: Good Design Award, it is mentioned that the designer was "Akira Watanabe, Designer, Design Group, Development Dept., PENTAX Imaging Systems Division, HOYA CORPORATION", while more actively out there is another Akira Watanabe, who is manager of Olympus Imaging's SLR planning department. I am not sure are these 2 Watanabe actually the same person.
Moreover, as far as I know, the designer of FA 77mm F1.8 Limited and FA 43mm F1.9 Limited (also together with many other excellent pieces) is Mr. 平川 純(Hirakawa Jun), who sat for the interview as reported in the following page: ??????????? - ?????? smc PENTAX-DA ??? - ?????Web, unfortunately, this great master of optics was dismissed by HOYA in around June 2009. This retrenchment was known as a primary task after the takeover (the second one is to find a good buyer).
Hey there, dear G-Mark judges, do you feel ashamed of your desicion on an award based on a distorted application? We here at PF all love PENTAX so bad, but not HOYA - I really have to say - an organization with so poor sympathy and ethics.
I actually like Hoya. They saved pentax, they gave us some damn good bodies too. K-5, 645D, K-r, K-x and K-7 are all nice cameras and would not have happened without Hoya.

NaCl(I have no problem at all with Hoya)H2O

11-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yea and hooray! Now we can REALLY brag

NaCl(and a big bronx cheer to all the canikon lenses out there)H2O
11-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's great!

These FA Limited lenses have always been my favorite shooting subjects:

11-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #22
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
I actually like Hoya. They saved pentax, they gave us some damn good bodies too. K-5, 645D, K-r, K-x and K-7 are all nice cameras and would not have happened without Hoya.

NaCl(I have no problem at all with Hoya)H2O
Agreed that K-7 was a major breakthrough in the high-end and with K-5, for the first time pentaxians are proud enough to have an ace card in its class, however do all these achievements thanks to HOYA? Keep in mind the initial motivation of the takeover is to strenghen HOYA`s medical division. Imaging? domestic pruduction facilities - close down, talented staff - layoff, imaging business - open for auction.

Last edited by zuiko; 11-28-2010 at 08:12 PM.
11-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #23

Congratulations to Pentax! The FA Limited series are truely some gems in the world of photography! Definitely deserving of the award!
11-28-2010, 08:49 PM   #24
krs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This discussion just fuels my LBA for the FA 77mm lens!
11-29-2010, 03:30 AM   #25

I've been very tempted to get the FA 77 for sometime already! That will be my target lens to get in 2011..

QuoteOriginally posted by krs Quote
This discussion just fuels my LBA for the FA 77mm lens!
11-29-2010, 04:32 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zuiko Quote
Agreed that K-7 was a major breakthrough in the high-end and with K-5, for the first time pentaxians are proud enough to have an ace card in its class, however do all these achievements thanks to HOYA? Keep in mind the initial motivation of the takeover is to strenghen HOYA`s medical division. Imaging? domestic pruduction facilities - close down, talented staff - layoff, imaging business - open for auction.
You can believe whatever you want. My gripe was that you made a blanket statement of "we at PF". I'm a part of PF, but I'm not part of your Belief System

NaCl(hence the "speak for yourself" in the title )H2O
11-29-2010, 06:16 AM   #27
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
You can believe whatever you want. My gripe was that you made a blanket statement of "we at PF". I'm a part of PF, but I'm not part of your Belief System

NaCl(hence the "speak for yourself" in the title )H2O
Of course you are not, otherwise you would have relieved yourself from shielding HOYA...
Sorry for digressing, these timeless pieces (FA limited) really well deserve it, and the designer - Jun HIRAKAWA deserves equal admiration as well.