Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
Veteran Member

What would be my best choice for a wide angle lens?

Hello,

I'm looking for a wide angle prime lens. I used to have the Sigma mini wide II that I sold here. Really love it, you can check some of my pictures here: Capture Beauty: vancouver

I'm fine with a manual lens. It would be for landscape, and indoor pictures of my kids so it needs to be fast. Also, I like close up pictures, so this feature would be nice.

What other lens could you suggest me?

What about the MIR-10A? I might also buy a Jupiter 9 so I will already have an M42 adapter.

Thank you,
Yael

10-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I guess that depends on how wide you want to go and how much you want to spend. A Pentax or Vivitar 24/2 can do wonders. I think there's an Mir 20/2 but it ain't cheap. If you don't mind fishiness, the Zenitar 16/28 is a gem. Many here swear by their DA 14/2.8's. Good luck.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
angle, k-mount, lens, pentax lens, pictures, slr lens