Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Focal 2x Teleconverter: A Wolf In Sheep's Casing?

I am sure I have had this Focal 2x teleconverter since about 1987, using it first with my K1000 and infrequently over the years with other film and now digital cameras including the K10 and K-7. This evening I was just sort of looking for the next photo opportunity (read as playing around) and noticed the dread R markings on this veteran lens accessory.

As I say, I have used this tc a number of times on both a K10 and K-7 and as you can see, the Ricoh pin is the rounded style so I really have no fear of it sticking. But it just demonstrates how pervasive the pin was and that we must be mindful of how it can show it's teeth in many places.

Thank you to those who humor me by reading this little tale. You are now free to move about the forum.

10-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very interesting.
Any opinion on how it performs?
10-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Ha! It looks suspiciously like my Vivitar (and Sears), down to the rounded-style Ricoh pin.

I de-gutted it to make an extension tube (on the right here):

10-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Very interesting.
Any opinion on how it performs?
I have always liked it. But then again my expectations are not nearly as high as others. I have even stacked this tc with another 2x and gotten satisfying results.
I think my other tc is a Star-D and it is just slightly less sharp than this old former Kmart/Sears/Wards shelf stocker.
I just never realized it was developed with the Ricoh system K mount in mind.

10-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The original post (perhaps edited for posterity) and photos ought to go into the articles section for future reference as an illustrated example of the harmless type of PKR mount.

H2