Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Loose distance scale ring on Super Tak 105/2.8

I recently acquired a nice Super Tak 105/2.8, everything seems great except the distance scale ring is loose, i.e. I can turn it around the lens. There are some very small screws on the ring. If I snug up these screws will it snug up the ring? Is there anything else I need to worry about? I'm not sure why the ring would be loose, the lens doesn't appear to have been dropped or mishandled.
Also, since this ring is loose, it has some front to back play (slides a small amount from front of lens to back of lens) this seems to allow the aperture ring to have the same front to back play. If/when I tighten the distance scale ring, should I push it snug up against the aperture ring?

Thanks in advance for any help,

10-17-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

These may help...

Just in case you are unable to repair the lens, there is a gentleman that folks on the PentaxForum use quite a bit. He is suppose to be quite reasonable and VERY good....

Last edited by interested_observer; 10-17-2010 at 10:16 AM.
10-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
These may help...

Just in case you are unable to repair the lens, there is a gentleman that folks on the PentaxForum use quite a bit. He is suppose to be quite reasonable and VERY good....

Thanks much. The second link had exactly what I was looking for.
I have sent quite a few camera and lenses to Eric for service and I highly recommend him. I figure that this was a simple fix and I didn't want to spend money on shipping and repair. If I can't fix it, I will definitely send it out to him.